General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carpal tunnel

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Milt
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: carpal tunnel

My father had that there's a name for it fingers turn white and ice cold.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:47 PM
ColoradoGlide
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Milt

My father had that there's a name for it fingers turn white and ice cold.
Frostbite ?

Old 01-07-2007, 10:51 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I might just have to go to the doc to see what it is and solve this mystery. I can't believe it is just poor circulation since I have a lot of pain in my wrist and forarm too. And it is only the one hand. If I had poor circulation wouldn't it kind of be an all over thing?

Old 01-07-2007, 10:53 PM
ColoradoGlide
Road Master

Has anyone mentioned maybe a pinched nerve ?

Old 01-07-2007, 11:33 PM
AK97fxdwg
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: HeatherC

Well I might just have to go to the doc to see what it is and solve this mystery. I can't believe it is just poor circulation since I have a lot of pain in my wrist and forarm too. And it is only the one hand. If I had poor circulation wouldn't it kind of be an all over thing?
Heather - even though its a bitch for a while, have you tried setting your mouse up to use it left-handed and then use it that way? If you absolutely won't allow your right hand near a mouse for a few days, you'll get decent with your left. I do this about 2 weeks every 3 or 4 months and it helps.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:35 PM
dstockton
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tinknocker_02

Anyone else out there fighting carpal tunnel?I have been since june and my hands quit falling asleep after wearing wrist splints to bed but I still have lost feeling in two fingers.
Get tested. I had it for years and put off the surgery. Longer you wait the more permanent nerve damage is possible. After surgery on both hands my right is back to normal, but I had already lost some sensation and control in my left (it was the worst). I have my grip strength back so don't let that worry you. Just get a good surgeon.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:43 PM
cheepjeep
Advanced

Sounds like a possible class action against Hustler magazine?

Old 01-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HC: I agree with AK97, move the mouse over to your left hand for a few days. I do that and don't even make any changes to the mouse. On the left side, I 'left click' with my left middle finger and 'right click' with my index finger. It becomes natural after a few hours and sure give the right hand and right wrist a much needed rest. I have been doing that for so long that after switching mouse positions, I don't even have to think about which finger to use to get the click that I need. ............ BC

Old 01-08-2007, 02:26 AM
Dave_B
Advanced

As someone mentioned, it could be a pinched nerve in your neck. Pinched nerves can produce all sorts of sensations, hot, cold, needles, numbness, etc and can also affect circulation. Next time it happens, try moving your head to a different position and see if it goes away.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:07 AM
softailbob
Advanced

I have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome after a long timeof denial. It starts with one or two fingers becoming numb during sleep in one hand then the other and then some more fingers and thenthe whole hand. At first I thought all sorts of things like some brain disorder, spine etc. it worried the hell out of me. Went to my doc and told of my fears he refered me to a neurologist who did all sorts of tests which showed I did suffer from carpal tunnel. CT syndrome can also cause arm aches, neck pain and weakness in the arms and hands, if not treated permanent damage can result which can't be reversed. Steroid injections in the wristcan also offer temporary releif. I'm due for surgery in the next couple of months, will get a few more rides in before then though.

Quick Reply: carpal tunnel