General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG Chapters Full of RUBs???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007 | 06:35 AM
darkside
Banned
Default RE: HOG Chapters Full of RUBs???

My current bike is the first new bike I ever owned and it came w/hog membership. I figuired I would check out the local chapter since I was new to the area and didn't know to many people.They usually meet at a local pizza joint near my house .It was a beautiful summer night probably around 85 out .When I got there I didn't see any bikes and thought I might be at the wrong place.I go inside and see close to fourty people in there wearing Harley gear, jackets, Hog shirts and Chaps on .I introduced myself and found out they were all alike.They looked at me like I was nuts for riding .They were all saying man it's just too hot to ride today. I laughed [inside of course] went out got on my bike and never looked back.Just not for me but to each his own.

Old 01-08-2007 | 10:59 PM
cwilks
Banned

I can get discounts from Zanotti's or Chicago HD, I don't need no stinkin' HOG Chapter membership. In all my years of riding Harley's I've never seen a HOG Chapter I wanted to stay a member of. Most of them are full of Motorclothes wearin', every chromeaccessory and cover sportin', stuffed animal ontourpack,fair weather riders.Now I'm not saying they're ALL are like that but a large percentage are, and that's not how I roll

Old 01-08-2007 | 11:43 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member

Wow, it sounds like my HOG chapter is stuck is some sort of time warp or gallactic anomoly. To have a group of riders (yes Harley owning riders) who actually RIDE their bikes and not just from bar to bar or from dealer to Starbucks, what a concept.

I'm sorry for those who have written about their particular chapters and their problems. The members of my local ride everything from Dynas to baggers to near full off customs and we get along well, socialize and ride.

Old 01-09-2007 | 12:20 AM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SportyPig

I’m wondering if all HOG chapters are full of snobby RUB’s or just mine?
Is this a normal thing, or should I look around for another chapter?

If I were you I'd just move on and don't look back.

Old 01-09-2007 | 12:29 AM
Speedkingnick
Road Warrior

Don't try to be the one to change the chapter.....just do like all the others said - look for another chapter.

They are not the same.

Old 01-09-2007 | 10:43 AM
nidan
Road Warrior

Mine is overpopulated with an arrogant clique of old farts , and a few nice ones. I only ride with them 2 or 3 times a year , they do have some interesting rides , but for the most part they ride too slow and are too hung up in their own wannabe personnas

Old 01-09-2007 | 11:58 PM
jetmech
Advanced

Hope this isnt to stupid of a ?,but what is a rub?

Old 01-10-2007 | 12:08 AM
Speedkingnick
Road Warrior

Rich Urban Biker

Old 01-10-2007 | 12:08 AM
SquishFace
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: jetmech

Hope this isnt to stupid of a ?,but what is a rub?
RUB (Rich Urban Biker), aka the poseur, the motorclothes queer, the sunny-day rider, the fake, Mr $20 grand & a shirt.

That being said, the generally accepted idea is that HOG is the result of too many fashionistas crying because they couldn't cut it in a real club (and I'm not talkin a 1% club, ANY club). Harley wisely decided, if nobody wantrs their money, we'll take it: Thus HOG, the club with no minimum requirements beyond owning a scooter. Hell, you don't even need to know how to start the motor, welcome aboard brother.

There are HOG groups composed of serious riders, but threse are few and far between. Heck, the Gourmet Riders at least will put 200 miles between restaurants (The Gourmet Riders club, as the name would suggest, group ride from fancy restaurant to fancy restaurant).

And that is one thing HONDA will always be able to hold over the head of Harley: There are no RUBs (except maybe a Rune owner).

Old 01-10-2007 | 12:54 AM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member

Since my HOG group does not go anywhare but sit around and tell stories (lies) i do some tomes ride in a group me myself and i then My wife gets on and we all ride togeather happy no bar hopping but we all get in the restrant togeather after a long ride

Quick Reply: HOG Chapters Full of RUBs???