General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG Chapters Full of RUBs???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008 | 02:27 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master
Default RE: HOG Chapters Full of RUBs???

Man, I only wish I was a RICH urban biker.
I dumped the local chapter a couple years back - tired of fighting to break into the clique. Seemed that no matter what the activity or conversation, I was always the outsider looking in, even after a couple years. I don't miss them at all, specially since I always rode alone anyway.

Old 01-12-2008 | 02:36 PM
ducbob
Banned

My experience with any chapter of HOG's is the same. Most the members are worn out yuppies trying to re-live their youth. The only problem is that most of the so called leather vest with patches modern HD owner was a punk when they were young and are still punks. Not even close to being the image that they think a biker is. My buds laugh on the weekends when we see the local HOG chapter take out for a ride, good for a laugh. Just don't like it if they try to talk to us or stop and hang with us, they are not welcome. Most of them have not even had a bit.

Old 01-12-2008 | 02:53 PM
paulca
Road Captain

Wow another 12 month old thread resurrected

Old 01-12-2008 | 03:38 PM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

Sporty Pig- Now the 37 mi ride is bull under 100 its just a jaunt in my book, however when I got to my chapters functions I usually dont ride because ill be drinking, on the bike I have a max of 2 12 oz beers or 1 24 oz beer, then im done if im riding, at he functions i like to drink more than that. That could be it. I mean i love my chapter good people good riders many of whom teach MSF or riders edge, but inevitably there are some rubs, people / a 2000 road glide with 22K on it, I have 13K on my 05 Springer & id have more if i idnt have to have 2 jobs to pay bills & stuff. Thats what makes a rub to me. People who dnt ride their bikes, PERIOD

Old 01-12-2008 | 05:40 PM
x2lee
Banned

20 something posts on this forum and most are derogatory about someone else. And you always mention your "buds" are you in a clickish gang? And just what does duck n bob mean? Is it like ben dover? Is that how you got in your gang? because between your name, your buds and the way you are down on older bikers here, I think you may have been gang raped by a bikerclub and you dont want to admit you liked it, was this like your experiance with the Hog chapter too?. Anyway, all that to say, you aint making any new friends with your crappy attitude and shitty posts, If you dont like it here why ARE you here?....
BTW I refrained from replying to your crap all day, this is what happens when I let it build up
ORIGINAL: ducbob

My experience with any chapter of HOG's is the same. Most the members are worn out yuppies trying to re-live their youth. The only problem is that most of the so called leather vest with patches modern HD owner was a punk when they were young and are still punks. Not even close to being the image that they think a biker is. My buds laugh on the weekends when we see the local HOG chapter take out for a ride, good for a laugh. Just don't like it if they try to talk to us or stop and hang with us, they are not welcome. Most of them have not even had a bit.

Old 01-12-2008 | 05:50 PM
ducbob
Banned

x2lee
The more you write the more it is obvious that you are a squid. Normally, would not answer a question regarding my name. But what the hey, My name is Bob and one of my rides is a Duck.... make sense to your pea brain? Any more questions? Don't really care to know more about you, think there is not much more to know.

ORIGINAL: x2lee

20 something posts on this forum and most are derogatory about someone else. And you always mention your "buds" are you in a clickish gang? And just what does duck n bob mean? Is it like ben dover? Is that how you got in your gang? because between your name, your buds and the way you are down on older bikers here, I think you may have been gang raped by a biker club and you dont want to admit you liked it, was this like your experiance with the Hog chapter too?. Anyway, all that to say, you aint making any new friends with your crappy attitude and shitty posts, If you dont like it here why ARE you here?....
BTW I refrained from replying to your crap all day, this is what happens when I let it build up

Old 01-12-2008 | 06:02 PM
x2lee
Banned

Yeah Ima squid I think ducbob is the reason I named, it just seems to fit you better,
Bob.

x2lee
The more you write the more it is obvious that you are a squid. Normally, would not answer a question regarding my name. But what the hey, My name is Bob and one of my rides is a Duck.... make sense to your pea brain? Any more questions? Don't really care to know more about you, think there is not much more to know.

ORIGINAL: x2lee

20 something posts on this forum and most are derogatory about someone else. And you always mention your "buds" are you in a clickish gang? And just what does duck n bob mean? Is it like ben dover? Is that how you got in your gang? because between your name, your buds and the way you are down on older bikers here, I think you may have been gang raped by a bikerclub and you dont want to admit you liked it, was this like your experiance with the Hog chapter too?. Anyway, all that to say, you aint making any new friends with your crappy attitude and shitty posts, If you dont like it here why ARE you here?....

Old 01-12-2008 | 08:49 PM
Cigar Aggie
Road Master

Ditto here! I didn't buy a bike to join a social club, I bought a bike to ride to get away from crowds. I enjoy meeting and riding with those who love to ride. And sometimes a solo trip is the only way to go!

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

same with our local hog chapters.....i'm a hog member cause i bought a bike...but i aint joinin their club

Old 01-12-2008 | 10:01 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

Hmmm...I forgot to mention my chapter usually has a ride once a week....most are between 80 and 200 miles...even our newbie ride was 89 miles 1 way.

I do agree with the breaking in thing but that is the way it is in most clubs/groups.
I agree with the above. I was suppose to do the break in thing but they forgot to ahhahahaaa. I looked that them like What? Break in ride? I ride an hour one way to get here and you want to see if I can ride? I almost couldnt stop laughing. Too funny. I would have rode the break in ride though if they wanted me too.

Old 01-12-2008 | 10:04 PM
schumacher
Club Member

I've never been a hog member in all of my years around these scoots.

Quick Reply: HOG Chapters Full of RUBs???