General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modulators are annoying

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:31 AM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TimmH
Do they not modulate at night though? I think I would have a seizure riding at night if my headlight was modulating.
No, not at all. Daytime for daylight visibility only. There is a sensor that automatically turns them off at night.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:35 AM
cobaltt
Road Captain
Received 136 Likes on 68 Posts

modulators are gay! I run an orange atv flag on a flexable 12 ft fiberglass pole on the back of my scoot. it can be seen over cars. who wants to go for a ride?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:52 AM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cobaltt
modulators are gay! I run an orange atv flag on a flexable 12 ft fiberglass pole on the back of my scoot. it can be seen over cars. who wants to go for a ride?
You have a pole on the back of your scoot and you think modulators are gay? That's hilarious!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 AM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

It would be interesting to see the stats on accidents with and with out strobe.I don't like them either, but have had to many close head ons.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:27 AM
morrishuckeba
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry modulators

modulators are GREAT and I am not gay.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Piedmont
Intermediate

I don't have one on my bike but my wife does. In the last seven days I've had two people (both women, but who's keeping track) pull out in front of me. If the modulator would have prevented that I don't care who is annoyed it would be worth it. Somehow "loud pipes save lives" but modulators don't? If you don't want it on (for example in a group ride or when waiting behind another vehicle in traffic) just go to low beam and it's deactivated. I think they should be mandatory on bikes and I'm ordering one for myself today. If that makes me un-cool I'm happy!

Last edited by Piedmont; 05-23-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:47 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You stepped over the line with the mandatory remark. Nanny state bull crap. I really don't care what you put on your bike or your wife's but wanting to put crap on my bike is wrong. If someone pulling out in front of you causes you anxiety then you might work on them anticipations skills. Like I have stated before. I see lots of stupid crap when riding but near misses---not many. I see them coming for miles.
Originally Posted by Piedmont
I don't have one on my bike but my wife does. In the last seven days I've had two people (both women, but who's keeping track) pull out in front of me. If the modulator would have prevented that I don't care who is annoyed it would be worth it. Somehow "loud pipes save lives" but modulators don't? I think they should be mandatory on bikes and I'm ordering one for myself today. If that makes me un-cool I'm happy!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Bulldoglover
Novice

You guys all missed the most important feature on his bike. Flip to 3:33 and check out his way cool handlebar mounted fan. Engine must run real hot with all those flashing lights.

Originally Posted by Ron750
If you want to see how Goldwing modulating bright light looks like a plane landing, check out 1:49 on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOFS3u4pd3I

Old 05-23-2012, 11:58 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,132 Likes on 6,699 Posts

What's the big deal about menstruators? It only lasts for 5-6 days, then everything is normal again.

Huh?.....Ohhh.

Nevermind.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Bulldoglover
Novice

Well played my friend, well played.
Originally Posted by RHPAW
What's the big deal about menstruators? It only lasts for 5-6 days, then everything is normal again.

Huh?.....Ohhh.

Nevermind.

Quick Reply: Modulators are annoying