General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Called a driver out the other day

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:08 PM
IHC67
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
...next time, call the police and file a complaint about reckless driving.
unfortunately, this method doesnt work. I have been there and tried it. Had a person, pass me on the shoulder of the passing lane as I was passing someone else legally and cut me off. I pulled off the next exit, called the state police, gave them the tag number and what happened. I was told there is nothing they can do because its my word against theirs. So it seems we need to take care of our own.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:44 PM
m1marty
Advanced

Tacoma (and surrounding areas) sure does seem to have a LOT of dumb drivers. I ride pretty much all year here and run across idiots all the time. From left turns to light runners....several close calls. One of my brothers has been hit twice in the last year alone. Head on a swivel and defensive/aggressive riding habits have saved me over and over again. You were more polite than I would have been(and have been).

Old 05-21-2012, 01:58 PM
XjldX
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be honest, if I didn't have the time I think about it as I was following him, I might've flown off the handl at him. That was my initial reaction. Also, I had no idea it was just a young kid until he was already stopped. As polite as I was, I was still visibly pissed off and very firm in my tone, but not to the point of coming across threatening. In reality, I know it might not have been the smartest idea to follow a stranger to who-knows-where just to tell him he's driving like a jackass, but in this case I don't regret that I did. Who knows, maybe I saved someone's life by straightening him out...?
And Marty, yeah you're right, Tacoma is full of some horribly self-interested and just downright bad drivers, but then again, so is the rest of Washington! It's probably all the passive-aggression in this state.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:26 PM
russrudder
Intermediate

I would have liked to kick that deers *** that jumped in front of me the other night.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:59 PM
CMC
Road Captain

The one time I did that, swear to god just as calm and polite as you describe, the bitch called the cops on me. Now that takes freakin *****.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:21 PM
XjldX
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CMC
The one time I did that, swear to god just as calm and polite as you describe, the bitch called the cops on me. Now that takes freakin *****.
That's ridiculous! Did you catch any flack from the cops or did they back you up?

Old 05-21-2012, 04:45 PM
CMC
Road Captain

Originally Posted by XjldX
That's ridiculous! Did you catch any flack from the cops or did they back you up?
They backed me. Sad thing was it was my next door neighbor. She blew the stop sign by my house and almost took me out. Fortunately, that c u next Tuesday moved out a few months ago, or I might not be here to write this!

Old 05-21-2012, 06:11 PM
madraider6
Advanced

when I was stationed in Korea an older Korean told me that if a korean doesnt know you ,you dont exist in their world and thats how they drive. I keep that in mind when I ride.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

My logic says if you can't see me or hear me then your can't lame *** doesn't need to be out on the road.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:59 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Splandman
You are much more level headed than I am when it comes to morons driving.

Quick Reply: Called a driver out the other day