General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got a second opinion on my LED headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by johntaylorny
I found the LED headlight alone to be useless and the hi-beam is 100% useless. When I added the fog lights it was a huge difference. The area in front of the bike is lit up like daylight, signs and reflectors are brilliantly illuminated, but distance sucks.
Disagree, if your high beams are useless, then you need to adjust them. It throws out a very concentrated beam for the high beam, plus the side shining lights. Do agree that the aux LED lights light up the close in and side area even better

Old 05-22-2012, 11:37 AM
4 inch pistons
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 82 Posts

I was at the Kury tent in Myrtle Beach last week. The Phase 7 light did not impress me at all. Just like others said, it may have been the way I was looking at it. However my buddy threw the switch on the Phase 6 and it knocked me backwards. Blinded me for a few seconds---seriously! I don't know what the difference is, but I was impressed with the 6!

Old 05-22-2012, 12:29 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 inch pistons
I was at the Kury tent in Myrtle Beach last week. The Phase 7 light did not impress me at all. Just like others said, it may have been the way I was looking at it. However my buddy threw the switch on the Phase 6 and it knocked me backwards. Blinded me for a few seconds---seriously! I don't know what the difference is, but I was impressed with the 6!
Same thing happened to me last month at the Kury tent at Laughlin River Run. From a few feet away the 6 appeared much brighter than the 7.