General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got a second opinion on my LED headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 02:18 PM
gambler
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the new Trucklite Phase 7 LED Headlight for a couple of months now, and it is the best and brightest headlight I have seen. If you adjust it correctly, the low beam is just below most rearview mirrors in cars in front of you, and the high beam throws a solid white light way down the road. I used the PIAA H4 lights previously, and they were a tremendous improvement over stock. But the LED headlight blows them all away...when adjusted properly. It really shines (excuse the pun), and you can see the difference, when you are riding down a pitch black road at night.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I put my HD LED on 3 months ago. The lights come with instructions for alignment. Lateral adjustment was OK but the vertical was off a bunch. Kind of a pain to adjust if you don't have help and a level surface to aim at a wall 25'? feet away. Meant I had to mark the wall, get off and on a few times to get the aiming right.

I live in the sticks and ride on totally unlit roads to work. The light shines out much farther than the stock. I also added the aux LED lights.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:29 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone have the Kuryakyn LED headlight? saw it on display in Sturgis....holy shitbuckets it was the brightest light I've ever seen.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Jondalar
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adjustment is the normal 50ft, but a shortcut (if you like where your present light is aimed) is to simply mark on a wall where it is now and put the new headlight in the same place. I love my L.E.D.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:53 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I went to our local mall one night and done my adjustment by shinning the light on one of the walls there, Most level spot I found to use around here.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:56 AM
thealien
Road Captain
Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
I went to our local mall one night and done my adjustment by shinning the light on one of the walls there, Most level spot I found to use around here.

Thats exactly how I do it. If you want to mark the wall blue painters tape works well and doesn't dammage the wall.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:25 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does any one have it on their Street Bob? That little stock head light is horrible. But I like the way it looks. Just wondering if they work as well as the larger ones.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:57 PM
kingsrooke
3rd Gear

Installed mine w/running lights. All I can say is WOW! Had a guy pull up next to me at the light on this road that is very poorly lit up. His comment to me was if they do not see you coming they are blind! My wife agrees in dark areas it's awesome! Huge difference. Glad I spent the $ feel safer because I can see more and further down the road!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:23 PM
DavTN
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oct1949

That is a great idea and plenty of dead malls around here. The LED is much brighter and throws farther than the stocker.....but the light on my cellphone is also brighter than the stock light

Old 05-21-2012, 11:02 PM
johntaylorny
Intermediate

I found the LED headlight alone to be useless and the hi-beam is 100% useless. When I added the fog lights it was a huge difference. The area in front of the bike is lit up like daylight, signs and reflectors are brilliantly illuminated, but distance sucks.

Quick Reply: I got a second opinion on my LED headlights