General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the scam here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:25 PM
RK Joy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chamba
I had someone, pretty convincing, trying to get an '81 fiat from me and never saw it. I thought it was weird. I tried to understand the how and why of it, but never put it all together. I ended up saying, show yourself or go away. then he tried to revive the deal and I made it clear that I had done all the explaining I was gonna do. show yourself, and I had already reported your sketchy *** to the feds. he erased himself from my sight.
dunno what it is they are up to, but they are up to something. that being said Paypal is a pretty trustworthy way of getting money around. I had a forum member who wanted to buy my seat, and we were both genuine guys, so we made the deal work. I got my money through Paypal, he got his goods. end of story.
Times are changing and you never know who to trust and caution is a good thing. But I have used Pay-Pal as a buyer and have never had trouble with payment or delivery. But I agree that if something just doesn't "feel" right, it probably is not right!