Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Patch

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:17 PM
stinger69
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hog Patch

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that if you wear a chapther patch you must have a authorize harley davidson dealer as your sponsor. We have a chapther here in Hawaii that lost thier sponsoring dealership due to them not selling Harley's anymore but continue to wear and fly the patch of the Windward Hogs. They also continue to maintain a hog chapther web page http://www.windwardhog.net/

Old 05-15-2012, 07:23 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

I always thought that all chapters needed a dealer sponser. Contact HOG they should be able to help.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:24 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not sure what the rules are with HOG chapters, but more importantly I'm not sure why anyone would care if the HOG chapter in Hawaii wanted to still wear their HOG patch even if the dealership closed. Are you going to start a turf war with them over their HOG patch?

Old 05-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Originally Posted by XKnight
I'm not sure what the rules are with HOG chapters, but more importantly I'm not sure why anyone would care if the HOG chapter in Hawaii wanted to still wear their HOG patch even if the dealership closed. Are you going to start a turf war with them over their HOG patch?

Agree...what are your intentions? It's just a HOG...not like "the Devil's Ride" or other 1% clubs...

Old 05-15-2012, 08:24 PM
StreetGeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stinger - first post as a hit post looks bad for you. I didn't know Domenico's stopped selling H-D until I saw this post and checked their website.
The Windward HOG website should be changed to point out that they are no longer a sponsored chapter but there aren't any rules, that I know of, concerning the back patch. It's really more of a collector's type of item than anything else. Sure, it identifies which chapter you're with, but, hey, if you move from Hawaii to Florida and change chapters but don't change your patch because you don't feel like it then nobody is going to come after you and beat you down for wearing it.
Aloha from the Leeward side and welcome to the forum.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 PM
StreetGeezer
Tourer

Stinger - FYI from the HOG site, "All H.O.G. chapters are sponsored by an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer or retailer."
I just sent an email to the Windward HOG webmaster giving them a heads up that they should stop promoting themselves as a HOG chapter.
We can go take their patches later -

Old 05-15-2012, 08:41 PM
StreetGeezer
Tourer

Final note on this - according to the HOG website rules for chapters - the chapter must stop using the logos, etc. Doesn't say any Joe Blow can't still wear the patch he/she bought to sew on his/her vest, jacket, skivvies, whatever.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Drilln'Boss
Club Member

Received 6,383 Likes on 1,876 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGeezer
Stinger - FYI from the HOG site, "All H.O.G. chapters are sponsored by an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer or retailer."
I just sent an email to the Windward HOG webmaster giving them a heads up that they should stop promoting themselves as a HOG chapter.
We can go take their patches later -
Be careful man, these guys are outlaws now.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:57 PM
StreetGeezer
Tourer

Originally Posted by Drilln'Boss
Be careful man, these guys are outlaws now.
Yep - we'll have to get National HOG in here to help fix the situation

Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 PM
HDstreetHOG
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was also wondering who gives a flying @%#$&

Originally Posted by XKnight

Quick Reply: Hog Patch