General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Severe Tendonitis!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 04:44 PM
smokehiker
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had severe tendonitus in one elbow 10 years ago. I tried everything and nothing helped. My wife had a client that sold magnetic therepy wraps. Got one, wore it religously for about 6 weeks and haven't had a bit of pain since.
Some friends told me that it was "all in my head". Know what? I could care less if it is. Bottom line is that I'm pain free.

I was a firefighter at the time.....since retired. I am not involved in the magnetic therepy business......just sharing what has worked for me.

Much luck to you

Old 05-14-2012, 05:04 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
Originally Posted by chamba
best response yet......... I guess after 26000+ posts it just comes naturally.
Thank You, Chamba, I spend a lot of time in here trying to help other members, but not always does anyone realize or comment on what others do to help.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:20 PM
gregmay
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

When you work with your hand you will need to do it palm up when you can. You will be able to put a lot of stress on it pain free that way, takes time to heal, cortisone will help alot untill you are healed

Old 05-14-2012, 05:22 PM
gregmay
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Take lots of fish oil, natural anti imflammatory

Old 05-14-2012, 05:47 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Cortisone shot here, and then the velcro strap around the forearm. No more problems here with the pain.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:51 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick-e
Tendonitis in my left arm/elbow has been kicking my *** for a couple of weeks. I tried taking a ride Saturday and barely made it home. Pulling the clutch lever was nearly impossible at the end of the ride.
Thinking about a foot clutch/jockey shift if I can't get this under control.

Anyone else deal with this?
Been dealing with it since the 1970s; both tennis & golf elbow in the left arm. No cure, unless the flare is from a simple bit of wrong/over-work. Mine is exacerbated by some other problems that I ain't gonna get fixed - cure worse than the problem, IMNSHO.

Cherry extract on a regular basis helps. Some type of support band helps Bad flare-ups are a problem because the best anti-inflamm meds tear my gut up, and usually cause bleeding. Life is hard, then you die.

Been running rocker or suicide clutch and tank or jockey shift since the late '70s on a permanent basis. I can get by with running THE MAMA's XLN for a spell, but after a couple weeks it's back to the foot/jockey on the Sloptail. THE MAMA has pretty much decided to quit piloting and go back to permanent passenger so the XLN will get its suicide/jockey reinstalled.

Suicide/jockey solves the tendonitis problem, and acts as an idiot-proofer.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I was wearing one of those arm bands for 'tennis elbow.' I was at the court house one day and a visiting judge asked me how long I'd had it. I told him two weeks and he gave me his remedy:

Buy some styrofoam coffee cups, fill them with water, then freeze them.

Once they get frozen, take one from the freezer and start rubbing the sore spot. Rub till it gets cold, rub till it hurts. Keep rubbing and as the ice melts, peel back the styrofoam and keep rubbing. Rub till it HURTS LIKE HELL then rub some more. Until you absolutely can not stand the cold anymore.

Repeat nightly for about a week. He said the tendonitis is caused by inflammation and the ice will reduce the swelling, inflammation, and get the tendons back to normal.

I told him I'd try it, as I was ready to try about anything. The judge asked me if I wanted to know where he got the iced coffee cup remedy. I replied probably from some doctor.

He smiled and said "No, I got it from my son-in-law." His son-in-law was John Smoltz.

That's right, THE John Smoltz, pitcher for the Atlanta Braves. It figures he knows a bit about arms!

Anyway, I tried it and it worked. So buy a sleeve of styrofoam coffee cups, make some big ice cubes in them, and start rubbing.

Mal

Old 05-15-2012, 11:42 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I use the arm strap. Works well, usually within a couple of days. Until the next flare-up. Then I put it back on for a few days. I usually get the issue only a once or twice a year.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:23 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

I find that masturbation helps. If done vigorously enough it really builds up the tendons in the arms. Unfortunately, it builds the tendons in the arms of the 20 yr old nice Korean girl, (great ****/targets on that one and pretty face/target) I go see. But I tell you what after 15 minutes in her caring hands. I find I just don't give a damn about my tendons.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:24 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Mal74
I was wearing one of those arm bands for 'tennis elbow.' I was at the court house one day and a visiting judge asked me how long I'd had it. I told him two weeks and he gave me his remedy:

Buy some styrofoam coffee cups, fill them with water, then freeze them.

Once they get frozen, take one from the freezer and start rubbing the sore spot. Rub till it gets cold, rub till it hurts. Keep rubbing and as the ice melts, peel back the styrofoam and keep rubbing. Rub till it HURTS LIKE HELL then rub some more. Until you absolutely can not stand the cold anymore.

Repeat nightly for about a week. He said the tendonitis is caused by inflammation and the ice will reduce the swelling, inflammation, and get the tendons back to normal.

I told him I'd try it, as I was ready to try about anything. The judge asked me if I wanted to know where he got the iced coffee cup remedy. I replied probably from some doctor.

He smiled and said "No, I got it from my son-in-law." His son-in-law was John Smoltz.

That's right, THE John Smoltz, pitcher for the Atlanta Braves. It figures he knows a bit about arms!

Anyway, I tried it and it worked. So buy a sleeve of styrofoam coffee cups, make some big ice cubes in them, and start rubbing.

Mal
I definitely like my masturbation technique better.

Quick Reply: Severe Tendonitis!