Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop and think before you speak

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:18 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,684 Likes on 2,115 Posts
Default Stop and think before you speak

I was out for a ride and stopped at one of the popular watering holes. I was looking at the bikes in the lot on my way in and I recognize the bike of a buddy from a group I ride with pulling into the lot. He's riding 2 up on the Ultra and his son was riding my buddies Dyna next to him.

When he pulls in to a parking spot I see he's got a guy on the back with him and it doesn't take 30 seconds until someone starts in with calling them "Homos" from the patio. My buddy introduces his passenger as his son's friend - a wounded combat vet who wanted to go for a ride but hasn't healed well enough to ride on his own. Then the tough guy starts again with "******s".

I can't remember the last time I felt so much rage pulsing through me - I'm still jacked up and it happened this afternoon. I walked up to the fence and said "He's a wound vet you F'n jackass !!! Get drunk and have a great day". He says "F.U., I didn't know". No ****? Then STFU, you mouthy F'rs,

We all left cuz I wasn't sure I'd be able to control myself if it continued and my buddy was in the same frame of mind. I'm so tired of these F'n clowns that think they're badasses because they can talk **** about somebody they don't know.

If you're one of those guys do yourself a favor next time and think before you say something stupid.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:41 PM
murd
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's sad when some folks can't connect their brain to their mouth and realize they should just STFU. Blurting out moronic opinions and judgmental comments only re-enforces the fact that there are people among us that are about as bright as a 2 watt bulb.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:48 PM
blackchipjim
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To tell you the truth I'm glad I don't drink anymore. I don't miss the bar scene at all and the types of people you described rizzo. I can't tell you how many times the place exploded because of comments like that and I'm surprised I'm still alive. Good job of self control and how you handled it,it was the smart thing to do.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:05 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I ride a buddy of mine sometimes because he enjoys the wind and ride, but doesn't have the experience or know how to ride a motorcycle. We are not homo's. I don't do it everyday, but if a few of our friends are riding up to the lake to eat a bbq joint we like to go to then I'll let him ride with me.

I'd rather ride my wife, but I am not going to leave a buddy behind because he doesn't have a bike of his own. He is 65 years old, and is my neighbor. Why shouldn't he experience the ride, and hang out with his buddies?

Old 05-13-2012, 12:54 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

I guess I am a member of the foot-N-mouth club I have had to edit and
and apologize more than onced on this forum.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:57 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

On a 500 mile ride in the mountains, this week, 2 guys on an Ultra appeared in my mirrors, so I hugged the shoulder and waved them to pass. Just didn't feel right with them behind me. Hey, maybe they really like each other.

Just kidding, and it never occurred to me to yell anything at them, either.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:05 AM
harleyphoenix
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get over yourself. Who gives a **** what other people say about anything. If you felt so strongly about "it",why didn't you do something besides running your mouth, like "they" were? Scared?

Old 05-13-2012, 03:17 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyphoenix
Get over yourself. Who gives a **** what other people say about anything. If you felt so strongly about "it",why didn't you do something besides running your mouth, like "they" were? Scared?
Really? Grow up!

Do you know any vets? Have you ever been in a fight and had to suffer the legal consequences if you won, and the physical consequences if you lost?

And today even if you "win", you could get shot, by some sore loser.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:47 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,968 Likes on 17,892 Posts

Originally Posted by rizzo
I was out for a ride and stopped at one of the popular watering holes. I was looking at the bikes in the lot on my way in and I recognize the bike of a buddy from a group I ride with pulling into the lot. He's riding 2 up on the Ultra and his son was riding my buddies Dyna next to him.

When he pulls in to a parking spot I see he's got a guy on the back with him and it doesn't take 30 seconds until someone starts in with calling them "Homos" from the patio. My buddy introduces his passenger as his son's friend - a wounded combat vet who wanted to go for a ride but hasn't healed well enough to ride on his own. Then the tough guy starts again with "******s".

I can't remember the last time I felt so much rage pulsing through me - I'm still jacked up and it happened this afternoon. I walked up to the fence and said "He's a wound vet you F'n jackass !!! Get drunk and have a great day". He says "F.U., I didn't know". No ****? Then STFU, you mouthy F'rs,

We all left cuz I wasn't sure I'd be able to control myself if it continued and my buddy was in the same frame of mind. I'm so tired of these F'n clowns that think they're badasses because they can talk **** about somebody they don't know.

If you're one of those guys do yourself a favor next time and think before you say something stupid.
Personally brother if your capable that would warrent taking a few teeth from the offending ******* , consequences be damned . I'm sure the son woulda had your back or been knee deep given the chance . Welcome to the new breed riders .

Old 05-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Alcohol + porch = no surprises. Best avoided.

Quick Reply: Stop and think before you speak