General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCB Brake Systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 01:15 AM
agueybana
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Default TCB Brake Systems

Do you have this Traction Control Braking on your bike? ...it's work? ...does what it said? ...or it's waste money?

http://www.tcbbrakesystems.com/technical-tcb.html

Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 AM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it on my rear only, check out this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-system-2.html

Old 05-12-2012, 06:06 AM
agueybana
Road Master

I did read your post and other about it, I'm looking for better breaking without have to trade-in my bike for a new one! ...last question, ...do you really trust this product? ..we are taking about life and dead here!

Old 05-12-2012, 10:49 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

i have my reservations about this product. from what i can tell, it doesn't really give you 'better' braking, but it adds a restriction in the line to help keep you from locking the wheels up in a quick stop.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:25 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master

Skratch is absolutely correct, the TCB does NOT give you shorter braking distance. I t kinda prevent the brake from locking up. As said in my post in the other link, braking instinct is to release upon lock up, and that's bad news for rear brake, that's why I only install it at the rear. It does, however, require "more" pressure to make it to slow down the bike, let alone stopping it with the rear, which ain't gonna happen anyway.

As far as do I trust it? Personally I didn't have any close call, yet.... So can't tell, hopefully not any time soon, for that matter. But at least in theory, it make sense to me. Now the only concern is if I ride another bike w/o the rear TCB, in one of those "oh, ****!" moments, I might apply the same higher pressure I'm applying now to my bike, and that might just lock up the rear.

Also, from what I've read, more accidents are caused by wheel(s) locking up instead of not stopping in time. So I kinda err on the side based on that...

Last edited by 3/4 life crisis; 05-12-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:18 PM
agueybana
Road Master

Look like the few people (on this forum and others forums) how tried this system are happy with it, coundn't find anyone how tried and have a bad review.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Practice. Practice. Practice. You'll get used to the rear with practice.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:10 AM
DJFireUSA
Cruiser

okay - you wanted a bad review --- I kinda have one.

The rear brake on one of my non-harley bikes has a VERY sensitive rear brake. You barely touch the pedal and you would lock it right up. I added the TCB to the rear and it did change things. Not sold on the end result though.

Here's the deal, it de-tuned the rear brake system. Translation: yes I can lock up the rear wheel still but I have to really get on the brake. Brake pedal travel is greatly increased and much more effort is needed to get the same level of braking as a non modded brake system.

I can not endorse the use of this product on any motorcycle unless you are TRYING to de-tune a brake system that is too "touchy" for you.

Yes, you will get used to it but in my view the end result did not represent what I was told it would do. I thought nothing would change in my braking system except the wheel would not be as easy to lock up. Nobody ever said it would act or feel like I had a pair of bicycle brakes on my motorcycle.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:50 PM
VTwinJaxFL
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered one for my rear brake on the 2005 Road King. I am fine on the fronts, never locked them up, but the rear is too easy to lock under sudden braking. I just need it to not lock up so easy so I can keep control. I will post what I find, just don't want to spend the 20+ K on a new bike right now when both of mine are paid for.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:40 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well got mine and put one on the rear of my Ultra , weather to bad to ride but did take it around the block and they do feel different , softer and sort of like power brakes , hope to ride some more this weekend and try them out , will update later , have one to put on my wifes Heritage