Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the FXRG Jacket worth 600 bucks or is it a RUB only item?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:49 PM
sportin_2007
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the FXRG Jacket worth 600 bucks or is it a RUB only item?

ORIGINAL: camarotuner
PS - Yeah, my decisionwill bepartially based on how the people I hang with would perceive the jacket. Weakness is not a good sign to show to people. At least not where I stand.
Maybe you should be standing somewhere else then, asI ride with and know some realheavyhitters and nobody has ever gave meany grief or comments over my FXRG leather. I actually have a couple buds who have picked the thing up and tried it on, and each of them have said holy s***, this thing weighs a ton, but I like it. Just can't afford the seperation of my cash is their only complaint. So if my being able to fork over $600.00 on a jacket, and another4 on thelowers makes me a scrub, then I guess you better not buy one, and leave us scrubs a couple more nice qualitypieces of leather!

You should get some self pride dude! Unbelievable question!

Old 01-03-2007, 09:51 PM
springerGT
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 8yr old FXRG middleweight leather. Wore it today. Very user friendly, worth the $$ can't beat it...my.02.

GT

Old 01-03-2007, 10:03 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Quality leather is quality leather.........600 bucs...........INSANE!

Old 01-03-2007, 10:16 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a problem at all paying for quality leather but it does seem a tad excessive. Paying $450 for the Raceway was about my limit.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's an awesome jacket. I wouldn't have bought one except I rolled it into my financing (which is exactly what they want you to do) and it was the only chance I'd ever have to have something of that quality so I went for it. I've had my share of $150 specials that leave dye on your neck and zippers that break. As you would expect from something that price, it's pretty much indestructible and there are few jackets available with leather as heavy as this one. I also like the armor in it. I wore it with the vents open this spring up to about 80 degrees with no problems, and if I zip it up with the liner I would have other body parts get cold long before my torso. If the same quality jacket was available for less money you should jump all over it. But I'm pretty sure it's not.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:35 PM
drdave
Cruiser

bought mine on ebay last year for about 1/2 price - new with tags. loved it. enough so that i went back and bought one for my wife. they are heavy with all the liners and armor pieces, but they are sure nice - never get too hot or cold with all the vents, etc.

several of the local policemen who ride a lot (miles) have tried them and subsequently bought one.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Super Dave
Intermediate

I got the FXRG off e-bay for $305.00 +$12.00 shipping. It was brand new. Has a kidney belt and a removable liner. It must weigh 10 pounds.
I figure it's a one time purchase for a life time. If it saves your but in a wreck I figure it's worth it. Shop around, i'm sure you can find one for less than $600.00. I've never felt bad wearing a good garment. my $.02

Old 01-03-2007, 10:40 PM
builderbob
Intermediate

great pic of the bike!

Old 01-03-2007, 10:40 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't get why people are so against buying stuff that says Harley on it. Do the same people that refuse to buy Harley tagged clothing go home and take an angle grinder to their gas tanks too? And of the Harley stuff... the FXRG is the least obnoxious when it comes to logos.

I wear my Harley T's, I have an FXRG, and old HD race jacket, a Switchback Jacket, HD boots, and Harley Gloves... Oh... and my bike is now paid off. I guess that puts me in the RUB category according to some... But I personally just like to buy stuff that **I** like and stuff that lasts. so far I have been happy with everything I have bought.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:41 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, to me it sounds like an awful lot of money for a leather jacket so at first glance I'd say rub material...but then again - a really good leather jacket you can wear forever is probably worth that much if it's quality.

Quick Reply: Is the FXRG Jacket worth 600 bucks or is it a RUB only item?