Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the FXRG Jacket worth 600 bucks or is it a RUB only item?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:43 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Is the FXRG Jacket worth 600 bucks or is it a RUB only item?

ORIGINAL: camarotuner

"Oh, but if you buy anything(correct me if I misinterpreted) with the Harley name on it you're a sell-out, as per CamaroTuner."

Not ANYthing, just CERTAIN things. It'd be pretty impossible to make a list. Coffee cups, playing cards, that damned overpriced oil, clocks, all that general crap. If it's something a guys supposed to have anyways (shirts to a point, boots, a hat, zippo lighter, flask) it's OK as long as you don't end up a f-ing billboard. If you bought "HD Monopoly" just shoot yourself now. Please. Get the general idea? Maybe? It's one of those fine-line things. Like if your putting rims on your mustang, 15-17" and your fine, 18" your pushing it, over 18" and NOW your in "yuppy crap" zone.
CamaroTuner, I find you very entertaining(in a good way)

Old 02-20-2007, 09:54 PM
camarotuner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why thank you. Not sure what the hell you mean, but hey I don't get complimented much on things of this nature so I'll takes what I gets.

Would you believe (seriously) that several years ago I wrote crap for a website? Like professionally I mean. Basically it was me bitching 3 days a week about crap pissing me off. So I'd rant for a while, post it, and for some reason I got payed for this. I did get some fan mail (um, like 6) and some hate mail (like 1000). I kept some of the hate mail. Funny stuff.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:33 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: camarotuner

How the hell did this thread end up back on the first page again?

Since I never replied to alot of responses, let me summarize.
- Yes I carry an excessive amount of firepower on me, it's called the 2nd amendmant, the day we all need it, I assume your *** will be hiding behind mine.
- Yes I consider modern Harley's overpriced yuppy crap that isn't worth purchasing when there are either older better alternatives or custom/manufactured custom options in the same ballpark.
- Harleys shouldn't be fuel injected, ever. If your's is, it sucks.
- Harley shouldn't make sport bikes or performance bikes. First of all, it's Harley not Honda. Second, they suck at it. Big time.
- Finally, I work in a custom shop where the people who walk through the front door share the opinions I have voiced. That's why we get along and why they come to me for work. If having a paticular jacket would make me look like a sell-out dick to them, then it ain't worth having. Anyone who thinks "who cares what others think of the way you dress", please prove me wrong. Monday morning go to your boring office job that I know alot of you have. Skip that suit (as we've discussed in prior topics the only people who wear suits are dead on some level). Instead, put on some vinyl black pants, fishnet shirt, spike your hair straight up and dye it purple, wear combat boots. Now remember, if you were good at your job, no one would care. Yeah, **** don't work that way for me either, but thanks for assuming it does.
- Final note, Billy Lane, Jesse James, Indian Larry, Russell Mitchell, Boyd Cottington, and a laundry list of other builders in the custom world have my utmost respect. The guys at OCC (with the exception of Sr.), Chip Foose, that idiot who owns Unique Autosports, and pretty much everyone who's ever been featured in "dub" magazine, can line up as kiss my ***. I really don't care how much money those people have, it's not enough. Money isn't the end-all-be-all (we've discussed this in other topics too) and it sure as hell isn't worth selling self respect for. To those who hate Billy Lane, he led the life he wanted. He'll pay the consequences for it. Least he didn't sell himself into being turned into a Pez dispenser.

K that should cover it. Have a nice day.
“camarotunerâ€

“How the hell did this thread end up back on the first page again?
Since I never replied to alot of responses, let me summarize. “

“- Yes I carry an excessive amount of firepower on me, it's called the 2nd amendmant, the day we all need it, I assume your *** will be hiding behind mine. “

you should live so long to see me hiding behind you dude

“- Yes I consider modern Harley's overpriced yuppy crap that isn't worth purchasing when there are either older better alternatives or custom/manufactured custom options in the same ballpark. “

[size=3][font="times new roman"][color=#0000cc]base price on some isn’t too bad, I think still the same ratio when I brought mine a long time ago I could have brought a car it’s the same today, the overpriced yuppy crap is the shinny stuff the dealer hangs on to drive the price up, yes there are alternatives and I took one instead of b