General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the FXRG Jacket worth 600 bucks or is it a RUB only item?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 04:53 PM
jackj
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the FXRG Jacket worth 600 bucks or is it a RUB only item?

I really have liked mine, as many miles as I ride a year (25K) I guess it's not if I go down but when I go down, and I want as much protection as possible so I'm around to get that next lap dance.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

One quick testimonial here for the nylon FXRG jacket. I've got it and I've got my "walking around" leater jacket from Wilsons. I tried wearing my regular leather jacket on roughly a 40 or 45 degree day and the wind was just pouring through the zipper, despite my jacket design also having a flap that covers up the zipper. With the way the FXRG has that inner liner that seals up behind the zipper, it made a big difference for me in cooler weather.

On the minus side, I find the zipper up sleeves with their inner liner a pain to zip up sometimes since the liner gets caught up in the zipper a little, and even with the vents I find the non-mesh black design of it to be way to warm for Texas summer riding. I have an all mesh armored jacket for summer that works out well, and it has snaps for the sleeves that I find allow me to seal them around my gloves a lot better. Of course, the irony is that I don't need to seal the sleeves around the gloves as much in summer, but what are you going to do.

For cooler weather riding, I think the FXRG was worth the money I paid for it.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:23 PM
camarotuner
Cruiser

How the hell did this thread end up back on the first page again?

Since I never replied to alot of responses, let me summarize.
- Yes I carry an excessive amount of firepower on me, it's called the 2nd amendmant, the day we all need it, I assume your *** will be hiding behind mine.
- Yes I consider modern Harley's overpriced yuppy crap that isn't worth purchasing when there are either older better alternatives or custom/manufactured custom options in the same ballpark.
- Harleys shouldn't be fuel injected, ever. If your's is, it sucks.
- Harley shouldn't make sport bikes or performance bikes. First of all, it's Harley not Honda. Second, they suck at it. Big time.
- Finally, I work in a custom shop where the people who walk through the front door share the opinions I have voiced. That's why we get along and why they come to me for work. If having a paticular jacket would make me look like a sell-out dick to them, then it ain't worth having. Anyone who thinks "who cares what others think of the way you dress", please prove me wrong. Monday morning go to your boring office job that I know alot of you have. Skip that suit (as we've discussed in prior topics the only people who wear suits are dead on some level). Instead, put on some vinyl black pants, fishnet shirt, spike your hair straight up and dye it purple, wear combat boots. Now remember, if you were good at your job, no one would care. Yeah, **** don't work that way for me either, but thanks for assuming it does.
- Final note, Billy Lane, Jesse James, Indian Larry, Russell Mitchell, Boyd Cottington, and a laundry list of other builders in the custom world have my utmost respect. The guys at OCC (with the exception of Sr.), Chip Foose, that idiot who owns Unique Autosports, and pretty much everyone who's ever been featured in "dub" magazine, can line up as kiss my ***. I really don't care how much money those people have, it's not enough. Money isn't the end-all-be-all (we've discussed this in other topics too) and it sure as hell isn't worth selling self respect for. To those who hate Billy Lane, he led the life he wanted. He'll pay the consequences for it. Least he didn't sell himself into being turned into a Pez dispenser.

K that should cover it. Have a nice day.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Ionvex
Cruiser

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 02-20-2007, 08:33 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: camarotuner

How the hell did this thread end up back on the first page again?

Since I never replied to alot of responses, let me summarize.
- Yes I carry an excessive amount of firepower on me, it's called the 2nd amendmant, the day we all need it, I assume your *** will be hiding behind mine.
- Yes I consider modern Harley's overpriced yuppy crap that isn't worth purchasing when there are either older better alternatives or custom/manufactured custom options in the same ballpark.
- Harleys shouldn't be fuel injected, ever. If your's is, it sucks.
- Harley shouldn't make sport bikes or performance bikes. First of all, it's Harley not Honda. Second, they suck at it. Big time.
- Finally, I work in a custom shop where the people who walk through the front door share the opinions I have voiced. That's why we get along and why they come to me for work. If having a paticular jacket would make me look like a sell-out dick to them, then it ain't worth having. Anyone who thinks "who cares what others think of the way you dress", please prove me wrong. Monday morning go to your boring office job that I know alot of you have. Skip that suit (as we've discussed in prior topics the only people who wear suits are dead on some level). Instead, put on some vinyl black pants, fishnet shirt, spike your hair straight up and dye it purple, wear combat boots. Now remember, if you were good at your job, no one would care. Yeah, **** don't work that way for me either, but thanks for assuming it does.
- Final note, Billy Lane, Jesse James, Indian Larry, Russell Mitchell, Boyd Cottington, and a laundry list of other builders in the custom world have my utmost respect. The guys at OCC (with the exception of Sr.), Chip Foose, that idiot who owns Unique Autosports, and pretty much everyone who's ever been featured in "dub" magazine, can line up as kiss my ***. I really don't care how much money those people have, it's not enough. Money isn't the end-all-be-all (we've discussed this in other topics too) and it sure as hell isn't worth selling self respect for. To those who hate Billy Lane, he led the life he wanted. He'll pay the consequences for it. Least he didn't sell himself into being turned into a Pez dispenser.

K that should cover it. Have a nice day.
What are you really trying to say? [sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 02-20-2007, 08:34 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If it's what you want and no one else makes it, I would say go for it! Even though Harley leathers are made in China it doesn't change the fact that their quality appears to be good.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:38 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: whaap

If it's what you want and no one else makes it, I would say go for it! Even though Harley leathers are made in China it doesn't change the fact that their quality appears to be good.
Oh, but if you buy anything(correct me if I misinterpreted) with the Harley name on it you're a sell-out, as per CamaroTuner.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:42 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: IAMSWUTIAMS

Oh, but if you buy anything(correct me if I misinterpreted) with the Harley name on it you're a sell-out, as per CamaroTuner.
We R.U.B.s like things that say Harly Davidson on them...

Old 02-20-2007, 08:46 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: IAMSWUTIAMS

As I've said in other posts: It's taken me most of my life to become a RUB. Why should I be embarrased? LOL - - - - -

Old 02-20-2007, 09:28 PM
camarotuner
Cruiser

"Oh, but if you buy anything(correct me if I misinterpreted) with the Harley name on it you're a sell-out, as per CamaroTuner."

Not ANYthing, just CERTAIN things. It'd be pretty impossible to make a list. Coffee cups, playing cards, that damned overpriced oil, clocks, all that general crap. If it's something a guys supposed to have anyways (shirts to a point, boots, a hat, zippo lighter, flask) it's OK as long as you don't end up a f-ing billboard. If you bought "HD Monopoly" just shoot yourself now. Please. Get the general idea? Maybe? It's one of those fine-line things. Like if your putting rims on your mustang, 15-17" and your fine, 18" your pushing it, over 18" and NOW your in "yuppy crap" zone.

Quick Reply: Is the FXRG Jacket worth 600 bucks or is it a RUB only item?