Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the FXRG Jacket worth 600 bucks or is it a RUB only item?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:34 PM
darkside
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the FXRG Jacket worth 600 bucks or is it a RUB only item?

If you like the fcken thing buy it.If you don't like it don't by it.If a jacket makes or breaks you with your friends or clients then something else is seriously wrong. THE MAN MAKES THE MAN. Since what you wear is such an issue I,d suggest looking inward. I,m five foot nothing /a hundred and nothing /own my own bussiness ,and knowbody ,and I mean KNOWBODY decides what the fukkkkkkk I do, say or wear but ME. Pride and integrety built my business not my choice in clothes.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:34 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Bear64

Yes there is a reason, because one clip with one spare isn't enough if your attacked by 31 people. Seriously though, I carry a pistol, 2 spare clips, 2 blades, and 1 collapsable baton on a daily basis. Some people consider this overkill. I asked the founding fathers of Hiroshima if they thought it was overkill. I'm still waiting to hear back from them on the issue
Yo Bear,

With that armorment you carry, I would be proud to have you at my back ! not to leave out,safer : - )

I see your doing a little "getting out" in here : - )

cj

Ok, whatever you say bud, but I still would feel way better if you were watching my back !!!

Man, you must have been a Boy Scout !! : - ))

Take care,

Old 01-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa CJ, thats not me, I don't carry that kind of stuff, thats the other guy, the one that wants to buy the jacket. Personally I think he has a problem other then what Jacket to buy.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:39 PM
toadmanor
Road Captain

I like what dark side said...

Lets quit talking about this. It is meaningless.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:08 PM
BaD
Novice

ORIGINAL: camarotuner
Seriously though, I do think my view on things is correct
"your view on things".. you like a jacket but believe others may think differently of you because you own it.. Nobody will judge you for the things you like and if they do, well.. F-them! Get out and live your life Mr. New Harley's Suck....
Good luck building your custom cars/bikes I'm sure most that custom bike builders are worried about what others think of them, and never focus on what they like in order to get others to follow them. No one will refuse to do business with you because of a plain(FXRG) jacket you wear.. unless (of course) it has some gaudy air-brushed logo on the back of it.[/sarcasm]

ORIGINAL:darkside
"THE MAN MAKES THE MAN"... "Pride and integrety built my business not my choice in clothes"
"I'd suggest looking inward"
^^^^what he said^^^^

Thanks for telling me about the FXRG, I like the way it looks and what others have said about it.. I seen a few nice looking used ones on ebay, I might just get one.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:26 PM
murph3204
Road Master

Fox Creek is the way to go. I have a jacket that I wouldn't trade anything for and I just ordered chaps.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:10 AM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

"Is there a real need to carry a load weapon with you on your bike? Sometimes carrying a gun is worse then not carrying one at all. Is your hood or where you ride that rough? Should one clip be good enough if you are a good marksman?

Just an FYI I am not for gun control, but I am for responsible gun owners."

Yes there is a reason, because one clip with one spare isn't enough if your attacked by 31 people. Seriously though, I carry a pistol, 2 spare clips, 2 blades, and 1 collapsable baton on a daily basis. Some people consider this overkill. I asked the founding fathers of Hiroshima if they thought it was overkill. I'm still waiting to hear back from them on the issue.

Gonna try my logic one more time, because either no one gets it, or no one agrees. Which is fine if you don't agree, but I feel I might not be making my point clearly. I build custom cars/bikes for a living. My customers have come to expect certain things from me. I have a no nonsense "no bling" approach to things. I build serious toys for hardcore gear heads. Given my reputation, I cannot be seen as going "yuppy" by wearing "rub gear". Now call it whatever you want, but I sure as hell know what my clients reaction would be if I started wearing/using half the crap I've seen. Yes this is an image question, directly related to business. Now, after careful examination of the jacket, I'm going with my original plan. It'll get a custom airbrush job to the back with my shop logo. I'll wear it and get away with it because yeah it's overpriced, but it's also extremely high quality. But if I had determined it would have labeled me as a "sell out" in the eyes of my customers, no way in hell I'd buy one. Regardless of how much I liked it or wanted one. That may seem stupid, but it's the way it is. Perception in business is critical. I do have a reputation to uphold and it may be stupid, but it is what it is. I doubt you'd ever see Boyd Cottington driving around in a Prius or Billy Lane on a Honda Shadow. There is nothing wrong with a Prius OR a Honda Shadow, but the perception of them would be changed if it happened.

Oh and for the record, I think most HD motorcycles suck. But the powerplants and the trannys aren't my problem. My problem is the overall price of these bikes is more than I'd pay to build myself a full on custom. So yeah I love using Evos, Shovels, and Pans in builds but the hell with paying the MOCO 20,000 for a bike when I can build better for the same cost.

Dude... Where the hell do you live that you are worried about protecting yourself from 31 attackers at once?

Or are you saying that the stuff you make/sell sucks so bad you have 31 customers at a time trying to kick your butt?

Seriously... I think airbrushing the jacket would be a bit more of a RUB thing... I don't think I would drop $600 bucks on a jacket to paint it. Seems kinda pointless in my opinion. But hey... to each their own.

And as far as Billy Lane on a Honda Shadow.... Unless that is his cell-mates nickname... You are probably right. We won't see him on one. I personally think Lane is a useless hack that needs to grow up. Hopefully he gets sent to prison for his rampant DUIs and killing that poor old dude on the moped.

And Boyd Coddington... i wouldn't **** on one of his cars if it was on fire. I was not overly impressed with his stuff to begin with and then the show came out... Damn he is an a-hole. And Dwayne needs to be given a blanket party by the guys.

So if Coddington and Lane are people you are looking to emulate... Uh.. cool. I guess.

Now... this is just me... I have been to several local custom shops... Some of the guys wear Harley T-s and Jackets... And you know what... I don't think any less of them for it. They are just articles of clothing. I would be more concerned or judgemental if I saw you walking around in assless chaps to be honest.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:16 AM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

"I have heard Jesse James say the same dumb thing about HD motorcycles, i.e they "suck". If it was not for Harley Davidson neither one of you two humps would be in business. You say you "love" using Evos, Shovels, and Pans. What in the hell company do you think built those? This is a HD forum and only TROLLS seem to come here and badmouth Harley. You're a lightweight among heavyweights on here, jack."

I'm a lightweight on a HD forum online? Yeah I'll lose sleep over that one tonight. Jesse James has a point, so do I. The MOTORCYCLES are overpriced. The V-Rod is half the performance machine the ZX-14 is, but it's alot more money. Hell the thing got spanked on pinks by some old POS jap bike. But the old style motors (evos, pans, shovels) were great. Hell the old style bikes were great. But now it's not a motorcycle company, it's a lifestyle company. You used to be part of the lifestyle and bought the bike. Now you walk into the stealership and they're selling you on the lifestyle. It's alot like tattooing/piercing has become over the last several years. But yeah, with HD's success, gone is the image of old and in comes the upscale image to attract the yuppies. So up go the prices, to the point where it's just stupid that a new HD costs more than alot of cars do. Hell I think you can get a full done glide up to the 30K range. That's more than a Mustang GT! So yeah I bash Harleys, modern ones at least. The good ones died when the Evo motor died. Everything since is just a shadow of what once was an american icon. At least in my mind, in alot of peoples minds.

BTW can anyone believe this whole thing started over a relatively simple question regarding a jacket? Yeesh.

Jessie James has a point?

Are we talking about the same Jesse James that got his *** kicked by his **** star wife and needed a restraining order against her?

Oh wait... NO... we are talking about Jesse James who did the cameo in that lame *** movie Torque.

Seriously dude... you need better role models. Next you are going to tell us you look up to Ami James.

And you should loose sleep over the comments made here. this is the interweb afterall. And you have admitted that you succumb to peer pressure (the worrying about your Bros thinkin' your a RUB)....

Honestly... can't we all just get along?

Maybe your homies would be cool with this rig:

Old 01-06-2007, 01:37 AM
Chief279
Intermediate

"Is there a real need to carry a load weapon with you on your bike? Sometimes carrying a gun is worse then not carrying one at all. Is your hood or where you ride that rough? Should one clip be good enough if you are a good marksman?

Just an FYI I am not for gun control, but I am for responsible gun owners."

Yes there is a reason, because one clip with one spare isn't enough if your attacked by 31 people. Seriously though, I carry a pistol, 2 spare clips, 2 blades, and 1 collapsable baton on a daily basis. Some people consider this overkill. I asked the founding fathers of Hiroshima if they thought it was overkill. I'm still waiting to hear back from them on the issue.

Gonna try my logic one more time, because either no one gets it, or no one agrees. Which is fine if you don't agree, but I feel I might not be making my point clearly. I build custom cars/bikes for a living. My customers have come to expect certain things from me. I have a no nonsense "no bling" approach to things. I build serious toys for hardcore gear heads. Given my reputation, I cannot be seen as going "yuppy" by wearing "rub gear". Now call it whatever you want, but I sure as hell know what my clients reaction would be if I started wearing/using half the crap I've seen. Yes this is an image question, directly related to business. Now, after careful examination of the jacket, I'm going with my original plan. It'll get a custom airbrush job to the back with my shop logo. I'll wear it and get away with it because yeah it's overpriced, but it's also extremely high quality. But if I had determined it would have labeled me as a "sell out" in the eyes of my customers, no way in hell I'd buy one. Regardless of how much I liked it or wanted one. That may seem stupid, but it's the way it is. Perception in business is critical. I do have a reputation to uphold and it maybe stupid, but it is what it is. I doubt you'd ever see Boyd Cottington driving around in a Prius or Billy Lane on a Honda Shadow. There is nothing wrong with a Prius OR a Honda Shadow, but the perception of them would be changed if it happened.

Oh and for the record, I think most HD motorcycles suck. But the powerplants and the trannys aren't my problem. My problem is the overall price of these bikes is more than I'd pay to build myself a full on custom. So yeah I love using Evos, Shovels, and Pans in builds but the hell with paying the MOCO 20,000 for a bike whenI can build better for the same cost.
Your entire question...and thought process...seems kind of gay but maybe you can explain furtherif I misunderstand. Okay,you are cool serious toy builder that hangs with all kinds of badasses...and your image as a cool businessman will suffer while wearing a jacket with an HD logo. And you have a reputation though I'm almost certain it's not what you think. Is that it?

Plus HD is overpriced and sucks. Am I on track?

I could have sworn this is a HD forum...and youexpouse that most HD suck?

Are you really in the correct forum? Maybe troll somewhere else?

Old 01-06-2007, 01:44 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: Monzie

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

I know a lot of you frown on wearing Harley gear when not on the bike but I just got back from wearing my jacket while being taken for a walk by my dog. Sorry.
I just went and bought beer in mine with the cage...

Now here is a guy who doesn't give a chit what others think.

Quick Reply: Is the FXRG Jacket worth 600 bucks or is it a RUB only item?