General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coming to the aid of down riders...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 06:59 AM
mjrfd99
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,750 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by tcarille
Ditto to a lot of the previous threads.Not about anything other than doing the right thing,and your wife and you did!
Absolutely! Kudos to you!
FYI 1st aid and CPR course is nice to have in case of emergency too.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:22 AM
Funkster
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story and Kudos' to you and your wife!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:15 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

good job helping out, it's the right thing to do.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:17 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default Choices

Anyone who rides a bike and sees a bike on the side of the road, has only two choices, the right one and the wrong one. You have no choice if you are a real person. Those who pass by are not worth the air they breath. That is my take on it.

I passed a group of "Buffalo Solders" somewhere in the mid west (never heard of them) while towing a trailer to Sturgis, SD. I stopped to help because I had the equipment and tools to help another biker. I have never not help as it has been me on the side of the road a few times in my life. Maybe a quart of gas or some electrical tape and wire to get them going, what is the difference as you are here on this earth and at some point, you are not? It is what you do in your own life is how you will judge yourself in the end. Again, I have no choice.

Last edited by FastHarley; 05-07-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:23 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+2 pts in the GOOD KARMA category for you and the wife for lending a helping hand, I know this much, I first hope nothing like that ever happens to you, but if it should I also hope you see the karma come back your way

Old 05-07-2012, 01:29 PM
screaminroadking
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 68 Posts

It's Karma. It works both ways. It will be returned to you when you least expect it.
Wish more people would step up like you guys did. Ride safe

Old 05-07-2012, 01:39 PM
stamper5498
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turn the switch off and on 3 times quickly resets the sensor and will fire right up

Old 05-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Phadreus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmnjr
Good for you! It has nothing to do with a "brotherhood" or being a "biker" and everything with being raised right and doing the right thing. Good people are sorely needed and hard to find in this crazy mixed up world......don't sell yourself short by crediting some make believe "brotherhood" for your actions. If you follow many of the threads on this topic, most wouldn't of stopped to help. Do a search, it's really interesting. So much for the "brotherhood"! lol
Originally Posted by RANGER73
Good for you, It's not a brotherhood thing. It's a being human thing.
Originally Posted by MB-WideGlide
Good for you guys , you done the right thing. This world could use more people like you and your wife.
Originally Posted by mavrickFLHR
I agree.. good on ya both
Thanks fellas, didn't really think of it as just a human thing or doing the right thing until you mention it. I know it felt really good to help somebody for no reason beyond the sake of helping.

The wife said when we road away "I hope somebody stops and helps us if we end up in a ditch someday". Only time will tell.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Phadreus
Advanced

Originally Posted by mjrfd99
Absolutely! Kudos to you!
FYI 1st aid and CPR course is nice to have in case of emergency too.
Funny you mention that, that thought went through my head as I just completed my CPR, First Aid, O2 and AED Training for the year...I remember our instructor saying "it amazes me how many people will stand by and watch but not actually get involved".

He told a story of helping an elderly woman who collapsed in a grocery store parking lot and at least a dozen people circled around and stood there looking at her while waiting for EMT's to come and help. My instructor knelt down by her, took her hand and started talking to her...long story short; helped her up and walked her to his car, gave her some water and waited with her for EMT's...she simply got light headed and passed out from the heat. He said people were yelling to him "you're gonna get sued" for trying to help. Amazing how few a people know about good Samaritan laws. My instructor got involved and helped her…anybody could have.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Phadreus
Advanced

Originally Posted by stamper5498
turn the switch off and on 3 times quickly resets the sensor and will fire right up
We found that part accidently, was just luck really. I had no clue how HD handled resetting the LA Sensor that I only supposed it had. Won't be something I forget anytime soon.

I could see how it could be rough figuring out what's wrong if that sensor actually went bad. Not something I would guess you could diagnose along the road side...