General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Military MC

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 04:54 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by brittin
Some of you people in here that are in the military sure do not carry yourselves that way. You all look like a bunch of bickering, whiney, unprofessional d-bags...good job on reflecting the military image folks.

You obviously don't know many in the military... we're full of douchebags.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:12 AM
jaysnafu
Club Member
Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

I had no idea I was still following this thread! thought it was dead and done. lol

Doc ock - Thanks for your service. Congrats. Perhaps you remember working those LONG hours and still attempting to contact places stateside, perhaps you do not. Either way, you still suck.

Hbomb - You are right. It's hard with schedules the way they are, in fact one of our Road Captains is headed out in a few months for another tour. We have started a club here, and went thru proper channels here with the Dom MC as well as reached out to many of the 1% clubs and all seems t be fine. To be honest I don't think they truely care about a Military MC in the area as they know we are a totoally different type. they invite us to parties and runs constantly, and are accepting. As far as how we run things as members rotate to training, deployments, and other situations I cannot explain, as per our by-laws. I hope you understand I am not trying to blow you off. I just cannot speak to this here. but I can tell you it is working. Thank you for your interest and support.

Proteus - we look into other established clubs. We did do our homework and felt the desire to do our own thing our way.

brittin - eat a bag of dicks. I don't care what you think, we get the job done. We sweat and bleed next to our brothers. And take care of the ones taking care of us to our left and right. Perhaps your tour and mine have been different. Perhaps this forum and other outlets are where I enjoy letting out a bit. Perhaps your short time in the air force has had a diffeent impact than my years in the Army. Either way I doubt my comments have convenced the Patriots out there to retire their flags from their front porches. I know that your uptight, narrow minded name calling won't convince me to change anything here. Enjoy the bag.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:45 AM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me thinks the OP and crew want to start a new club because they don't want to have to go through the steps of joining an established club. Just thinking out loud here.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:05 AM
jaysnafu
Club Member

patrick - 'ME THINKS' you don't know us. Many of our members have prospected and worn patches in past lives. And most of us would havepatched with another club had they found one that was already established and right for them. Unfortunitly, there is a small pool of clubs for Americans here in our location, and smaller yet that hold to the same values and style we wanted. Why join something that does not meet your level of expectation? Why settle for something that, may work fine for another group, but not for you. We took the oppertunity to make something that we could take control of and call ours. We support the other MCs, and have no judgement towards how they conduct business, hell , we party and run with many of the clubs here already, they just were not what we wanted to join. All clubs started at one point or another as a group of guys who wanted something else that they didn't see in another club, or there would only be ONE club!
Just thinking out loud here...

Last edited by jaysnafu; 09-14-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Proteus
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jay24601
they just were not what we wanted to join.
can you tell us why? Just out of curiosity?

Old 09-14-2012, 10:40 AM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member

Yep, I don't know you guys personally but I'm real familiar with where you're coming from. I'm retired USAF.

Edited.

Last edited by patrickd; 09-14-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Da '04 RKC Kid
Cruiser

Ok, I have no good info for you guys, but damn Jay, that is a BEAUTIFUL King! Thank you to all the vets for your service and sacrifice.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:58 PM
CB1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trainedkilla
Your by laws have to be particular in a military club because of the turn over rate. Are you going to allow them to start new chapters or remove their colors when they leave? That sort of thing...

Just out of curiosity, did yall come up with anything? Also how would you handle the whole change of station part if it's just a small group? I'm not up to speed on Army change of stations (call it PCS in the AF). Not sure if you all go your separate ways to different posts or if you would likely end up at the same post again because of MOS.

Ride safe.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:54 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by smittyp83; 09-18-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:02 AM
jaysnafu
Club Member

proteus - I cannot. Or will not. Only because the choices we made are based on many different clubs, and therefore the decision not to join are different with each one. I will say this, our club focuses more on a motto of "family, work, then club" than most we found. And that mattered to us greatly.

da' 04 RKC Kid - Thanks. We did it all in the garage, minus paint. At one point my garage here in Germany had three bikes torn down to frame and motor. All down and rebuilt between February and early April. What we saved doing it ourselves, I am sure we blew on beer!

Last edited by jaysnafu; 09-18-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Military MC