General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Military MC

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by jay24601
Zakk - I hope you know I meant what I said and appreciated you comment.
Baka- pErhaps you should be more well rounded in your " tolerance" and leave me be. Hell if you actually thought I was being an a$$ in the above post you clearly have not read the prior pages in any depth. I thank those who help and let those who share their opinions know mine. I thought that this was how a FORUM worked. Do I not share the freedom as others do to voice my thoughts? $hit you don't see Zakk yelling, most likely because he was smart enough to see that I meant what I said and/ or gets my humor.
Make you a deal I'll reevaluate my words. You take a good hard look in the mirror and reevaluate your life. Don't come here with nothing but assumptions and Mightier than you attitude and expect to drop your martyr grenade here.
Bullying REALLY? Where I grew up this would be a conversation or banter. Not everyOne has to lay down and play victim in this world do they?!
Yep im good! Didnt take it in a bad way at all!

Old 05-06-2012, 06:25 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakk13
Im sorry but i got to say this!!! This ask for permission to start a club stuff is bulls#$t!! Guys want to start a club so be it! Especially if they are active military! Your going to tell me that guys come home from war and want to start a MC and they have to ask permission??? They just put there lives on the line for everyone in this country to be free and be able to start an MC or do what ever they want and we got to ask permission? Who the f@%ck did HA ask permission from back in 1948 or any other club back then for that matter? Ya ya ya i know got to pay respect! Didnt we earn respect for serving our country? In no way do i want to start a club but when i hear crap like this it pisses me off!
Didn't take long for you to jump in with opinions based upon a complete lack of understanding of the MC world.

If you want to start an MC, you do not have to ask permission. You can do whatever you want to do, whenever you want to do it, and wherever you want to do it in. But if you want to start an MC that works with other MCs on various things associated with the MC community, then you choose to follow what has become accepted protocol within the MC world. Note that I stated "within the MC world." If you choose to operate outside the MC world do not expect cooperation from those within it.

There are plenty of clubs, MC, RC, and associations, who are not involved with what too many see as the only "real" clubs. It is entirely up to any club as to who they will associate with, under what conditions, and what style of club they will have. Granted, a club that operates "outside" might get some heat from some people, but if they are so outside the norm in an area that they only seldom cross paths with the more traditional clubs, there will seldom be a problem, unless the new group brings it upon themselves by their actions and conduct.

Zakk13, you earned respect for serving. That's it. To rephrase that, you have earned respect from the general public for serving your country. In the MC world, you have also earned respect for serving your country. But you have earned nothing more than that in the MC world, simply because military service is not an integral part of the MC world. Yes, many in MCs served. I earned respect from my military service, but that has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with earning respect in an MC. You earn that respect by supporting your club brothers, by supporting other clubs in their events (whether simply social or charity-related), and by conducting yourself in a straight-up honorable manner.

One more time: You have the right to do whatever you want within the law. That right comes with a responsibility to exercise it honorably. How you choose to do that is entirely up to you. You can choose, or not choose, to join a community of MCs. Decide which route you will pursue, and go for it, understanding the consequences of your choice.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:34 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakk13
Basically if your looking to start an MC and be politically correct as possible you have to contact your local back home COC (Confederation of Clubs)! As you probaly know already since you stated that you got in contact with the local clubs. Most likely they will want you to come to meeting to get to know you and ask questions about your plans your laws your patch what town are you from what are your goals for the club and what kind of club do you intend it to be ect..ect. Any one that is going to be in your club should also attend! Alot of times they dont want you to start a new MC and ask why you dont have any interest in there club. Depending on your area and your COC it can be a hassle.. A guy i know wanted to start a club and thats what he went threw! It can be different from area to area!
Zakk,

Good answer. I hereby modify what I thought of you based upon your earlier post.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
Didn't take long for you to jump in with opinions based upon a complete lack of understanding of the MC world.

If you want to start an MC, you do not have to ask permission. You can do whatever you want to do, whenever you want to do it, and wherever you want to do it in. But if you want to start an MC that works with other MCs on various things associated with the MC community, then you choose to follow what has become accepted protocol within the MC world. Note that I stated "within the MC world." If you choose to operate outside the MC world do not expect cooperation from those within it.

There are plenty of clubs, MC, RC, and associations, who are not involved with what too many see as the only "real" clubs. It is entirely up to any club as to who they will associate with, under what conditions, and what style of club they will have. Granted, a club that operates "outside" might get some heat from some people, but if they are so outside the norm in an area that they only seldom cross paths with the more traditional clubs, there will seldom be a problem, unless the new group brings it upon themselves by their actions and conduct.

Zakk13, you earned respect for serving. That's it. To rephrase that, you have earned respect from the general public for serving your country. In the MC world, you have also earned respect for serving your country. But you have earned nothing more than that in the MC world, simply because military service is not an integral part of the MC world. Yes, many in MCs served. I earned respect from my military service, but that has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with earning respect in an MC. You earn that respect by supporting your club brothers, by supporting other clubs in their events (whether simply social or charity-related), and by conducting yourself in a straight-up honorable manner.

One more time: You have the right to do whatever you want within the law. That right comes with a responsibility to exercise it honorably. How you choose to do that is entirely up to you. You can choose, or not choose, to join a community of MCs. Decide which route you will pursue, and go for it, understanding the consequences of your choice.
First i just want to say my statement was not aimed at all MCs or really MCs in general! It was more aimed toward Some MCs and or people who view it and think that you have NO right to start one. You know there out there! Heck just on this forum alone there are folks that feel that way! There are arguments about patches and rockers who can wear this and that! Its crazy. I understand that respect is earned in different avenues of life and you have to earn it! Im am not not asking for respect from any MC and never said i was..Also i have no desire to start a club! I was responding and sticking up for the folks that want to start one and always get sh%t for it! Im am not blind to the MC world either before i went into the military i was in ABATE for a little while and hung out with many bikers. Also some of my freinds are in clubs who i ride with! I dont join or get much involved anymore cause im a family man and dont really have the time for it as much. Brotherhood is a strong word that i feel 99% of people cant live up too! I have maybe 2 friends that i trust with that word an thats it! There are alot of back stabbing snakes out there in the world that i care not to associate my life with! I know what brotherhood means! you take care of one another, you watch your brothers back, your family you can trust your brother with anything! I understand that you that to do it the right way you need to go threw the right avenues like the COC as i mentioned or AMA or other locals which usually meet at the COC meetings. But i believe its a god given right to be free and make your own decisions as well..And there shouldnt be NO consequences of your choice unless you act like a total D bag! Ive been riding for 18 years i know thats not an eternity but i think i know alittle about the MC world! Im not some wannabee that bought a Sporty last week and wants to throw a patch on my back this week! Sorry not me! Actually i dont wear any patches at all... But just cause it makes me mad i do believe you should do it the right way and save yourself some grief and contact your local COC!! Plus you will meet more bikers and make friends with the local clubs! Maybe!!

Last edited by Zakk13; 05-06-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Baxter0712
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy s*hit poco and zakk thanks for the very indepth assessment its much apriciated

Old 05-07-2012, 01:42 PM
HarleyLew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harleylew - I don't understand, i actually appriciated what you had to say and you quated my post, but I didn't say anything to you or about you, other than I hoped you could shed some light on the GKMC stand on AMA and other details. Whatever, if I offended you imparticular, it was not on purpose. Driving on.
Jay,

My bad! I should've said contact BMan on Facebook from chapter 27. But dude, you're right..it wasn't what you said to me, but the words or replays more or less. Understand we are all here to help each other, as I would do for you at war or play. Along with most two wheel freaks on here! I'm not savvy on MC gigs and the inter workings. I thought my suggestions may spark an idea or direction that could lead you to something. I saw the topic and thought I'd offer what little I know. Then I got what seemed like a shotgun blast to the face with "F!ck sake....". Then it all went south. It's hard to read emotion in a paragraph, body language is 75% of the conversation.

Like most have said in forums you'll get one side to the other of opinions. If it applies use it, comment and press...if it doesnt apply, ignore and press. Above all, I hope you find the info you're looking for and keep the rubber side down.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 PM
doc ock
Road Master

Pococj- thanks man. Alot of good advice and it was all appreciated.
Believe it or not being overseas and dealing with a Soldiers schedule and trying to contact places stateside can be rather difficult. So a forum is a great place to try to find info you may otherwise find difficult to get.
Doc - you kinda suck at life. Thanks for the thoughtful and worthwhile input and understanding for those of us overseas. (d!ck)
This d!ck also served, and was overseas.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:44 PM
HBomb74
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I admire your determination to start your own club. I too was stationed in Baumholder about 12 years ago and I wish I had a Harley back then. I know this is off topic but my interest has been piqued. How do you guys intend to run a club out there? All I remember about Germany was the numerous times I was in the field training! Back and forth to Hoenfels, Grafenvoer, Vilseck!! Not to mention all the training and recovery I did with my unit. And it snows a freaking lot in Baumholder, "the rock", during the nasty winter months... And I haven't even mentioned the 12-15 month deployments to Afghanistan some of which require weeks of training time in "the box" before you even leave!!! Then troops PCS'ing all the time? And if some or many of your members are NCO's you all know, "I know my Soldiers and will always place their needs above my own." Man, I could go on and on...

Best of luck to y'all. I'd like to know how you guys pull it off.

Ride safe and thank you for your continued service.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:44 AM
Proteus
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

instead of starting a new club, there are in EU some existing military MC's, why wouldn't you join them?

here some military MC's in Germany:
http://www.redandblack-germany.de/ab...cy_vets_mc.htm
http://www.av-mc.org//
http://www.recondo-vets.de/englisch/home.htm

FWIW anyway

Last edited by Proteus; 09-13-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:34 AM
brittin
Cruiser

Some of you people in here that are in the military sure do not carry yourselves that way. You all look like a bunch of bickering, whiney, unprofessional d-bags...good job on reflecting the military image folks.

Quick Reply: Military MC