General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Military MC

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 09:41 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

I think every Military MC should have a bottom rocker that says "UNITED STATES". That's the "territory" you served and claim. It says so on your DD214 and I don't think you need anybody elses permission.

Thanks for your service.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:47 AM
doc ock
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jay24601
For F sake - look. thank you for taking the time to respond all. But as stated above, we ARE in contact with the MCs. And we are looking to start our OWN club. we looked around, saw alot of the other Military/ Veteran Clubs (including the Green knights) and thank you, but no thank you we wish to continue doing our own thing.
What would be helpful is if HarleyLew could tell us if the GKMC went through the AMA, as THAT is something we are running in circles trying to figure out. or anyone from any other Mil/ Vet MC.
Thank you for your time.
Then for Fsake call AMA yourself

Old 05-06-2012, 10:17 AM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

What kind of club do you all want? A bike night club that host BBq's, car washes and stuff like that? If so, then jump through the hoops. If you all want a brotherhood of like minded individuals that is not so concerned with the other sh*t, put on your colors and ride.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:04 AM
jaysnafu
Club Member
Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Pococj- thanks man. Alot of good advice and it was all appreciated.
Believe it or not being overseas and dealing with a Soldiers schedule and trying to contact places stateside can be rather difficult. So a forum is a great place to try to find info you may otherwise find difficult to get.
Doc - you kinda suck at life. Thanks for the thoughtful and worthwhile input and understanding for those of us overseas. (d!ck)

Old 05-06-2012, 11:43 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

I think they have a Military Chapter in Sigonella,Italy you should try to contact them for info.And thanks for your service.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:56 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why? After being in the military why would you want so much structure with by laws and such attached to your hobby? If you wanna ride with the guys, just ride. I find no enjoyment with having a rank structure at work only to go ride in a special order and have to prospect to hang out with my friends. There are plenty of good guys out there that just wanna hang out and ride. You'll find em. I guess that's why the military MCs I've been around were full of Douche-bags. It didn't take me long to figure out why they needed a club in their lives.

Suggestion: Start a local bike night or weekly/monthly meet up and ride out.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:05 PM
jaysnafu
Club Member
Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

garand - so I'll put you down as a "maybe" then? lol.

Its not for all, it is something WE WANT to do. Love it, hate, just don't judge us.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:23 PM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's all good. For me I've been riding and wrenching my entire adult life. I enjoy the occasional bike night and love going on the long haul with a couple friends. When I came to my last unit I checked out the local military MC: Wives aren't allowed to sit at the same table; most assume they're expert riders because they're patched in; most are on their first bike ever and a few bought an HD just so they could prospect in; They ride in order of club precedence; they always talk to me like I'm unsafe for doing my own maintenance; I'm also unsafe for riding long distances alone, etc. So with the prospecting thing, every time I see a club member I see a guy who had to kiss ***, empty ash trays and fill beers in order to have a few guys to ride with.

It's just too much red tape and nonsense that it removed the enjoyment from the ride.

I wish you guys the best of luck and good riding in the future.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Baxter0712
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dear F*#%ing god some of you (pocoj, trainedkilla, pointman10) have been helpful and answered many of the question jay and I had. For some of the rest of you who feel the NEED to interject your f*#%ing opinion about why we shouldn't start an MC can GFY this is what WE want to do. As far as I am concerned I don't expect you agree with us, understand our reasoning or even want to join us. Just please respect the fact the different people want to do s*%it differently than you.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:42 PM
HarleyLew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jay24601
Pococj- thanks man. Alot of good advice and it was all appreciated.
Believe it or not being overseas and dealing with a Soldiers schedule and trying to contact places stateside can be rather difficult. So a forum is a great place to try to find info you may otherwise find difficult to get.
Doc - you kinda suck at life. Thanks for the thoughtful and worthwhile input and understanding for those of us overseas. (d!ck)
Jay,

I'm in the GK, don't run it, nor was I saying join it! For F!ck sake...ask the pres what they did to start it. Shooting a gift horse in the mouth makes you look like a dick..just trying to help a fellow service member. But you're a smart ***, you'll figure it out.

Quick Reply: Military MC