General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno results - 05 Fatboy Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005 | 12:36 PM
HD4ME
|
Cruiser
Default Dyno results - 05 Fatboy Anniversary

Finally have a chance to post my Dyno results for my 05 Fatboy 15th Anniversary Edition. It has the stock 95", V & H Big Shot staggered, Thunder Monster baffles, PCIII.

Max HP - 82.39
Max Torque - 85.86

Does this seem right? The bike does run great but I thought the numbers might be a bit higher. Has anyone else done this on the 05 Anniversary and what were the results? I don't know what the "before PC" numbers were. He told me the bike was well tuned from the factory, which even surprised him.

Old 07-31-2005 | 12:37 PM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Default RE: Dyno results - 05 Fatboy Anniversary

How many miles do you have on her?

Ryan

Old 07-31-2005 | 12:38 PM
HD4ME
|
Cruiser

Old 07-31-2005 | 12:41 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

I'm no dyno expert, but I thought it would be a little more as well. Changing the CAMS and going with port and polish will probably need to be done for the kind of HP I'm hoping for.

Mac

Old 07-31-2005 | 12:56 PM
HD4ME
|
Cruiser

That's kinda what I thought. He told me a hotter cam would do wonders. Now to keep the wife convinced that it was worth $500 to have something done to the bike that she can't see! Told her it would prolong the engine life if nothing else. I plan on keeping the bike for awhile so to me it was still worth it .

Old 07-31-2005 | 01:11 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

HD4ME,

Let me help you out on this one. Tell her that not only will the CAM cause the engine to last longer, saving you money in the long run, tell her that you imagine it MIGHT help gas mileage, saving more money for the dress/house item/kids/whatever thing she wants. Further, go on to describe that the bike will be better suited for two up riding, allowing you both some more time together, sharing a unique experience. I would conclude with, "it would be silly NOT to do this at this point."

If she gives you the same look Kelly usually gives me when I'm slinging BS, just smile, go to the garage and wash her car for her. If that doesn't get it, vacuum her car, then move to detailing the interior. I would have the cams by the time I got done vacuuming and port and polish by the time I had the windows done

Mac

Old 07-31-2005 | 01:23 PM
HD4ME
|
Cruiser

I'm still convincing her the new storage shed we purchased for the back yard yesterday is hers.

She insists its "ours". She actually doesn't mind what I do to the bike as she rides it when I am out of town for work, which is quite often! Any upgrades benefit her as well. Her Sporty usually stays parked when I'm gone. She just gives me that "look", like you described. I'm in sales and she used to be and she knows a line of sh%t when she hears it. Her question is "How much power do you need?" I hate that one.... I say you can NEVER have enough!!!!

Damn logical thinking!!!! Then I ask why she needs 50 turtle neck sweaters? Then we smile at each other and go ridin'.

Life is good.

Old 07-31-2005 | 01:23 PM
HDF Tech
Banned

Mac has the right idea, I find that that usually works too, My wife can usually be bought for either dinner or a diamond

Works every time !

Old 08-01-2005 | 01:10 PM
cran
Cruiser

I had my 05 Deluxe dyno'd. PC III Arlen Ness Big Sucker, Big Shot Staggereds with quite baffles, stock. The guy who did mine said 75-80 hp and torque is pretty good for a stock bike. Based on that ...I would be happy with your results. I did notice increased gas mileage without losng the performance. The stock map loaded up the back cylinder so bad I had to change plugs at 2200 miles. The custom map was the perfect solution.

Old 08-01-2005 | 02:53 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member

I have a 05 Road King. Have done the Stage 1 95 inch upgrade with the Screamin' Eagle intake. At the same time added HDFR heads (machined), quick install push rods and Evo valves with heavy duty springs. Have Vance & Hines Oval slip on mufflers with stock header. Also have installed Power Commander III and had it custom tuned. The Dyno shows 88 hp and 94 fp torque. They tell me if I decide to add the cams I can expect about 105 hp. The wife is footing the bill for the cams for my birthday next month. Can't wait. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Quick Reply: Dyno results - 05 Fatboy Anniversary