General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buffalo Chip concerts

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 12:09 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 278 Posts
Default Buffalo Chip concerts

I understand that a day pass lets us in to see whoever is playing that night but what about the VIP seating and the "pit" upgrade in front of the stage? What is the venue like for the rest of us day trippers? I'm guessing we stand in a field in front of the stage??? Was in Sturgis for the 69th, but didn't go to the Chip...

Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,343 Likes on 1,872 Posts

It seems to that the last time I was at B/C to get into the "Main Event" which was ZZ Top was $42 (and I don't like Rock!).
This was several years ago, 2005 or 2006 I think.

I'm not familiar with the "VIP" passes or the pit. All I remember is standing perhaps 100' from the stage and I could feel the bass through the soles of my boots!

The road from Sturgis to B/C is a real hot spot for the cops.
If you're planning on drinking, stay at the "Chip".
Glenco, which is between the "Chip" and Sturgis used to be a little more sedate and I hear that some folks can actually get some sleep (occasionally).
If you go stay safe and have a blast.

Last edited by 2AMGuy; 05-02-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

I went last year.
Stayed at the Chip, saw all the bands!

Day pass gives you access to entire Chip for the day/night. including concerts as general admission.
3 grades of VIP
1) Watch at the raised bar - about 50 yards back from stage center is a 1 story high bar/patio.
2) Right in front of the stage, standing. This includes free drinks and some kind of munchies (hamburgers one night, hot dogs another)
3) Seats on stage right, includes drinks and munchies. This is dead to the right of the stage, 1 story up. view is semi obstructed and sound sucks!

If you go for VIP passes I advise option 1 or 2.

Have fun!

Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM
mnskip
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went last year for the Poison and Toby Keith show. Took 'da bus' from our camp in town to Buffalo Chip. Got there early, drank a few and ate before everything started. If I go again I would do the same thing. No worry about cops or the bike. Bring a lawn chair and park as close to the stage as you can, but once the show starts plan on standing.