General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S100 Screwed up my bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 01:01 AM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 418 Likes on 190 Posts

I use S100 total cleaner on everything except the seat, inner fairing, and windshield. I use lemon pledge on those parts.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,748 Likes on 2,014 Posts

As I said, I've used it for years. It is the only product I've found that will clean baked on road grime off areas of the pipes and engine that I can't reach to scrub with a brush. That's it's real benefit.

I remove the seat, windshield and leather parts and clean them separately, of course, and before applying S-100, I always rinse the bike thoroughly to wet all surfaces and remove all loose dust and grime before applying. I've never seen a bit of damage to painted or chrome surfaces, although it will "dry" or gray the old black wrinkle painted surfaces (tranny and inner primary). That's what the Engine Brightener is for- to bring back the dark black color. The engine brightener also works for the plastic inner fender and belt guard.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:52 AM
rmarino14
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
I have been using S for years & no problem. Wanna know what you did wrong?

OK--WHY would you use something that was only designed to clean greasy undercarriages with on your HANDLEBARS, SHOCKS OR SISSY BAR? Did you go 4 wheelin' with your bike? S-100 is meant to be used like Gunk--on greasy COLD engine parts & frame undercarriages-- It is NOT a bike wash--it's a degreaser. Handlebars don't get that dirty. I don't think I've EVER washed my handlebars or sissy bar--just a wipedown with a rag & some detailer. And I rarely need to use the S-100--have had the same bottle for years. Spray on cold motor & immediately hose off with copious amounts of water--dry, then follow with S-100 engine brightener spray. That's all it is for. And if your motor ain't greasy or dirty--don't use it!

IMHO, S-100 makes the best products of their kind available. See how nice my motor looks!
I spray my whole bike down with S100 and rinse all the product off before washing the bike. I never had an issue using it this way. I try to wsh the bike once a week.