General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winnipehs Hells Angel Claims his Rights were Violated

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:00 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

A Hell's Angel associate dealing drugs in Canada. Shocking news indeed! If he walks this time they will catch him another time, assuming he lives long enough.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 PM
beakerztoyz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTE...053/story.html

thought I'd post a link to this article, which shows just where the slippery slope in winnipeg has gone, seems like they don't even need reasons to arrest people in Winterpeg

Last edited by beakerztoyz; 04-30-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

No idea about Canadian law but in the US.

"The Fourth Amendment itself bars the government from performing unreasonable searches and seizures. As the Supreme Court has interpreted this prohibition, it serves to protect people's privacy from inappropriate police surveillance and investigation, along with protecting their liberty (from improper arrest) and property (from unwarranted removal). When people complain of police having entered their home without probable cause to look for evidence, they are complaining of an "unreasonable search."

Interesting read about Fourth Amendment rules here

Old 05-02-2012, 02:37 PM
QehQeh
Road Captain

Aren't Hells Angels a 1% MC? Doesn't that mean that they are outlaws and that they are above the law? "WAAH, my rights are being violated! WAAAAAH!!!"

Old 05-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Dailydriver06
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Who cares if it was an 81 associate or a choirboy? No search warrant...No come in. Unless a hunch is good enough in Canada. This could be you next...Crime or no crime. Do you see where this leads?

Old 05-02-2012, 09:04 PM
MB-WideGlide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have no f---ing rights in Canada , the gov does what ever it wants to do .
If they say your a outlaw or a bad-*** that's all it takes. I have friends in a club , but I don't see them much if at all any more . If I did that's all it would take for the popo to f-ck with me ," guilty buy association ". So I ride alone .
The gov here is robbing us blind and we don't do a thing ?
Were a bunch of ****** when it comes to this stuff. It's f--king joke !

Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by MB-WideGlide
We have no f---ing rights in Canada , the gov does what ever it wants to do .
If they say your a outlaw or a bad-*** that's all it takes. I have friends in a club , but I don't see them much if at all any more . If I did that's all it would take for the popo to f-ck with me ," guilty buy association ". So I ride alone .
The gov here is robbing us blind and we don't do a thing ?
Were a bunch of ****** when it comes to this stuff. It's f--king joke !
200+ murder convictions plus convictions for hundreds of other crimes by 1%er's in the last decade and a half (mostly HA) in Canada. Currently roughly 40% of the ~400 HA members are currently incarcerated in Canada. At least 1/2 dozen HA chapter leaders are serving life. Most of the remaining 60% are "known to the police" (have criminal records). Why is it you want to hang out with these guys? Guilt by association???

Last edited by fat_tony; 05-02-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:54 PM
jackets
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dailydriver06
Who cares if it was an 81 associate or a choirboy? No search warrant...No come in. Unless a hunch is good enough in Canada. This could be you next...Crime or no crime. Do you see where this leads?
Because large amounts of drug making ingredients and drugs were found, I'll go ahead and say there was probable cause. In my book, liberties aren't given in order to legally break the law by way of technicality.
Anyway a drug maker/distributor or child abuser is caught is perfectly fine with me.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 AM
beakerztoyz
Tourer

MB is right, as far as I am aware we as canadians don't have the constitutional rights to protect us that you americans have, I really wish we did.
Some of you seem to think that the police should be allowed to do whatever they want to arrest people they consider criminals, Reread the article in the link I posted it says the police went and picked up people and put them in jail because they THOUGHT they might commit a crime, they only let those people out of jail after they signed bonds saying if they did certain things or talked to certain people the police could put them in jail again.
My point of view is that canadian cops love to pick on the bikers because its easy to figure out who they are, if they spent as much time or energy chasing the native gang's in winnipeg, the fob/fobk gangs in calgary, the asian gangs in vancouver or the jamaican gangs in toronto maybe our streets would be a little safer.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:24 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by beakerztoyz
MB is right, as far as I am aware we as canadians don't have the constitutional rights to protect us that you americans have, I really wish we did.
Protect you from what, manufacturing drugs or some other illegal activity?

If the search did not find anything he would not have been charged. The guy was a 1%er, with a criminal history, caught with illegal drugs and drug manufacturing supplies. Laws are designed to protect the innocent, not the guilty. He belongs in jail, no sympathy here.

Last edited by fat_tony; 05-03-2012 at 03:31 PM.