General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over the glasses goggles

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 11:49 PM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Over the glasses goggles

Any one have over the glasses goggles that arn't huge and look dorkey, If so let me know.Looking for a set.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Hiram
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Over the glasses goggles

Good Luck! I've been lookin for a set that will fit over my glasses w/o caring how they look. Nothin' fits unless you wear granny glasses.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8,972 Likes on 1,475 Posts

Goggs. They make three different styles of over the glasses.
A small, medium and a large.
I have the medium size "Commanders" and like them alot.
If you have big glasses, you will need the "Huge and Dorky" large ones though...
I got mine from my local Indy Mechanic shop but they are also
available here.............http://www.americanroadshop.com/mm5/...y_Code=Eyewear

Note: I do not know anything about the above web site, good or bad.
They are just the first ones I found on a quick web search.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:29 AM
East Texas Fatboy
Intermediate

Irecently purchased a pair at my local stealer shop. Paid $29.95. Not sure what brand they are but not HD. They are big but fit pretty well over my glasses which are a smaller square type design. I wanted some prescription wrap arounds but was looking at almost $300 plus. For that price figured why not give goggles a try. Haven't ridden with them yet but they feel comfortable. Had been using regular prescription with clip on shades and have gotten sand and some grit in eyes anyway. By the way, my gogggles came with both clear and shaded lenses. Looking at photos of myself on the bike I think my regular glasses look sorta dorky so the look of goggles can't be that bad while wearing my half helmet. Only owned my bike since April and saw a HDbumper sticker that read "Attitude is Everything". The longer own my bike the more I know what the saying means. The older I get the less I care what people think. They are goingto have their opinion of you no matter what or how you look. So wear the goggles and happy riding. Just my $.02 worth

Old 01-02-2007, 02:02 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

The wife got me a present a couple of years ago, a pair of Panoptx glasses. Then before she gave them to me took them to the place where weget our glasses made and had them make lenses to fit in my prescription.
If I had known what she was up too I might have stopped her from making one silly little mistake, they heavilytinted.
So as good as they are, and they are really nice, they are worthless after dark. I can't see worth a damn because of the tinting. The other "problems" with glasses of this type are that they cost a hell of a lot to have custom lenses made, well over $300, and you need to get new ones when your prescription changes, and its always doing that.
Fortuantly you can get away with them being off a bit. But these are about 3 years old now and I do need new ones.This time however I'll get them made with Verilux coatings so I can still use them after dark.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:18 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: HD7585

Any one have over the glasses goggles that arn't huge and look dorkey, If so let me know.Looking for a set.
Goggles ain't dorky. Flying a biplane ain't dorky. Riding a Harley without a windshield ain't dorky. You need to develop an attitude.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:47 PM
DMSC
Road Master

Another Option...Global Vision

Old 01-02-2007, 02:41 PM
siramazing
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pair called "airfoil" that work well. They are not overly large. they fit over glasses because they have a foam part that raises them away from your face. The only problem I had with them was that, during the heat of summer here in florida, they would get fogged up everytime I stopped. Idid a google search on airfoil goggles, and came up with lots of places you can buy them.they are very reasonable priced. $25, or $30.
bill

Old 01-02-2007, 03:33 PM
ace57
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One word--- Cocoons--- they make them in a number of sizes to fit over the frames you have. I got the medium slimlines I think they were.
I have a dark pair and a yellow tint lens, the yellow ones are awesome, I wear them at night and it really brings out even low light.

$40 bucks a pair, best $ I ever spent on that type of item. I had bought some from Moco, they were huge! Looked like I was a bug. Sold them on ebay right quick.

ace57
'06 FLHRS "mattie"

Old 01-02-2007, 11:35 PM
kurtmess1
Advanced

I have Aviator Goggles... here a picture from their website

[IMG]local://upfiles/19767/652629020F8E4C29998BC30591C5ADC8.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Over the glasses goggles