General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

curious what shoes does everyone wear

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:37 PM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,736 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
Start looking at hikers. My Lowas are FANTASTIC. I can ride 200 miles and walk 10 in them and if anything hurts, it dang sure ain't my feet.
Which style Howas do you have or recommend?

Old 04-26-2012, 06:43 PM
mcw999
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by testifer
cruiser works.....cruiserworks.com i think...they are as lite as sneakers, as comfortable as you could ever get, and as waterproof as the thickest rubber boot made. i dont even take care of them, wear them everyday and 4 years later still never leak. good company
Had a pair of these. Loved them until the soles disintegrated. Bought another pair. Great fit and comfort. Soles disintegrated again. I'll not have a third pair. Current boots: RedWing lace ups, insulated, for the cold; and Chippewa engineer boots otherwise.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Guitar4Him
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ceekay

Also good are Magnums (boots I wear with my ACUs). I got a pair of "Elite Spider 8.0" by Magnum, and they are VERY comfy, and quite durable! They also have great stability while also being quite breathable.
+1 on Magnum boots. I have a pair of Vipers. It's a police tactical boot...very light and comfortable, lace-up boot with a side zipper. They are made of material which breathes but is 100% waterproof. It's nice knowing that I never have to worry about my feet getting wet if it rains. These boots are made for police to run in...they are really comfortable for walking.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Totally Bored
Yup, these! Had a brown pair of these made by Frye back in the day. Wore'em for more years than I care to remember. Resoled'em once or twice and re-healed 5 times maybe? Might be the most comfortable boots I ever owned. I gotta find myself a pair again. Black this time. So simple it's probably made by so many companies though. Suggestions?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Dew Me
Yup, these! Had a brown pair of these made by Frye back in the day. Wore'em for more years than I care to remember. Resoled'em once or twice and re-healed 5 times maybe? Might be the most comfortable boots I ever owned. I gotta find myself a pair again. Black this time. So simple it's probably made by so many companies though. Suggestions?
Holy crap!!! I'm not the only one that loves these Frye harness boots!!! I just looked on Ebay and I'm seeing boots that look like they were worn daily, by a blue collar dude, for more than a decade, and they are asking $75 bucks!!!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 PM
JHoytMaddox
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vans! Authentics or slip ons...
Haven't found a set of boots I like yet....

Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Combat Boots. I have several pair and they cost me nothing.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:36 AM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Double H makes these and is what I wear and they are made in the USA. Brought a pair in 2004 and got a new pair Dec.2011... Yes the soles are worn out but best boots I ever owned....
Originally Posted by Dew Me

Old 04-27-2012, 06:29 AM
strat1962
Novice

Red Wing Pecos slip ons with steel toe

Old 04-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Hawgnuttz
Tourer

Forgot I thought I would mention I got 40,000 miles on the boots.......
Originally Posted by Hawgnuttz
Double H makes these and is what I wear and they are made in the USA. Brought a pair in 2004 and got a new pair Dec.2011... Yes the soles are worn out but best boots I ever owned....

Quick Reply: curious what shoes does everyone wear