General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

curious what shoes does everyone wear

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:57 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Round-toe Herman Survivors engineer boots. $45 from WalMart about 5 years ago. Still wearin' them.
I also have the Herman Survivors (I posted a pic a few posts up). They're as heavy as bricks but I beat the **** out of them and after well over 10 years they still have life in them.

Last edited by baka1969; 04-25-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Sweetbaboo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never wear tennis shoes, or anything else that doesn't provide ankle support/protection! Even on short trips. And before you flame me, I went down hard just outside Rapid City, SD years ago back when I was young and stupid; I was wearing tennis shoes. My right ankle shattered into 6 pieces, flopped around like a chicken's head after it's neck's been broken, and it took 2 screws to put it back together. It's a very painful injury and it has nagged me for years; I can tell you when it's going to rain. I would spare y'all that grief.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:18 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Doesn't that tick him off?
He doesnt know hahaha

Old 04-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Sweetbaboo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Doesn't that tick him off?
Hahahahaha! Beauty!

Old 04-25-2012, 04:22 PM
birdmandave
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a few differant ones. 3/4 black lace up Timberland, comfortable to walk in and have good traction. My favorites are Redwing slip boots with composite steel toe (need them for work), but thay are pricey. Looked at many HD boots, but can't come off the $$ for just a riding boot. From what I read here, not very comfortable. Next pair maybe Bates, security force wears them, and they are on their feet all day. If Crocs comes out with a riding shoe/boot, I'll be all over them.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Russell Riders.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by baka1969

I just got in my Timberland Chocorua Hiker boots today (pictured left). Holy comfort Batman! These boots feel great. They are half the weight of the old Herman Survivors (pictured right) I have. They're Gore-Tex lined and light as a feather. No break in needed. I just hope they hold up as well as my other boots that are over 10 years old. My old Navy boots were ok and well worn. But not this comfortable and I don't have them anymore anyway. If these Timberland boots are somewhat durable, they're more than worth it.
I wear Timberland Chocorua boots too. As has been mentioned, they are very comfortable right out of the box. They make a great warm weather riding boot since they do breathe fairly well. In fact, they breathe so well, I find them not warm enough for cold-weather riding. Mine are black.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:34 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

Old 04-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Froggyfatbob
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
I got a similar pair in pink and white

Old 04-26-2012, 04:36 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Nirvana
I wear Timberland Chocorua boots too. As has been mentioned, they are very comfortable right out of the box. They make a great warm weather riding boot since they do breathe fairly well. In fact, they breathe so well, I find them not warm enough for cold-weather riding. Mine are black.
I was as an indy dealer the next town over getting my state inspection done and the owner Ron looks at my boots and says "Hey I wear those too". Sure enough, he was wearing them. He said he was on his 4th pair. I asked him how long they lasted him, he said about a year and a half. But he rides and works in them. So, if I only use them to ride, maybe I'll get 2 years. I'll be happy with that. They're so comfortable that I'll get another pair if these should give out in 2 years. I wore them the other day in the upper 40's and was fine. If colder I'll just add another layer of socks.

Quick Reply: curious what shoes does everyone wear