General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I caught someone on my bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:32 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,985 Likes on 17,897 Posts

[QUOTE=Mutant Soldier;9718204]
Originally Posted by Pointman10
Not to mention the "Attractive Nuisance" legal aspect like a backyard pool- opens people up to liability issues.

You know what is really scary? My nephew knows how to start my bike, not that I ever showed him, but he figured it out just by watching me. If his foot could reach the shifter peg I'd wager the boy would get the bike rolling.

Those little ***** watch you dude!
My daughter was one of the deciding factors in not putting a button on my bike till she got some age on her , no joke .

Old 04-26-2012, 07:23 AM
bikefxds
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts

So, what surprises you man? Respect is of so little value today. My motto: "Don't Expect Respect"... You ever do any rallys? Watch the knuckleheads that squeeze between your bike and the one you're parked next to, all the while touching it, spilling drinks on it, moving it, kicking the fenders...and that is while you are sitting on your ride! I'm surprized the mom didn't pat the kid on his head and get out her cell phone for a picture! I've decided that the best thing to do is keep your brand new scooter in the garage all shined up, go buy a beater to ride and let the public burn their calves on the hot pipes if they so desire!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 230 Posts
Default Next generation rider

He is just the next generation rider who couldn't wait for his Harley

Old 04-28-2012, 12:09 AM
afoulsmell
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutant Soldier
Interesting scenario. I probably wouldn't have done anything if there was no harm no foul to the bike, I might have even laughed about it, however say the boy knocked my bike over...well have you ever watched National Geographic when the rogue male lion defeats the resident King and kills and eats the little cubs so the females go into heat and he can **** them to spread his evil seed?

THAT would be my reaction. Half eaten corpses and sobbing females would litter the T-ball field.
.................................................. ..................

You know something? Substance is nice and all, but THIS **** IS FUNNY! And I value funny and creative WAYYYYYY over all the other B.S. Kudos to you, sir!

Old 04-28-2012, 02:05 AM
MJR28
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Challenger
I rode the bike to a local airshow and that day was sponsered by the HD dealership. Anyways they had special parking and free admission for anyone on a Harley with the parking on the ramp side.....

After I saw what I came to see. I walk over to the group of about 50 or so bikes along with the local police who parked their bikes there and here is this dirtbag kid with his pants hanging half off his *** and rings in his nose and hoops in his ear sitting on my bike!!

All it took was a dirty look and he was off and quickly walking away
Man you let us all down that day. This kid was older and needed to be taught a lesson. You shoulda just shot him in the face. No explanation required. Now the 5 year old is a different kettle of fish. Kneecapping's probably a touch harsh given that he probably didn't know much better and there were spectators. But mum should have known better. Bending her over your bike with her jeans a little bit further down than than the dirtbag kid would have been appropriately punitive.
If you guys are just gonna let this **** happen and bottle it all up inside it's gonna get too risky to leave your bike anywhere. There's gotta be consequences!

Old 04-28-2012, 05:45 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That situation probably says more about the mom than it did the kid.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:31 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,985 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by shortride
That situation probably says more about the mom than it did the kid.
Doesn't it always under 12 , past that few can control a kid and they should know better by then anyway .

Old 04-28-2012, 02:10 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I woulds offed the little problem and then banged the ol lady

Old 04-28-2012, 03:34 PM
The88Beast04
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the OP posted a thread that he didn't like the varied responses he got, so instead of blaming one person, how about we blame all 3 parties:
The OP - should've expected that little kids at a baseball field leaves the potential for one of them to mess with your ride.
The kid - obviously wasn't taught good by that time not to touch stuff that wasn't his so I hope it mom slapped him outside the head, if not for touching other's stuff, but for the fact he could've hurt himself.
The mother - didn't teach her kid about respect for other's belongings, and at the same time if she was there for her son's game, why wasn't she WATCHING her son?? What the hell else was she doing that was more important?

So in the end, y'all are equally to blame