General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watching American Chopper . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 02:14 PM
TimmH
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I watched the first season then lost interest, have seen a couple episode lately while surfing on a rainy day.

Can't say I ever cared much for the bikes they build, but was interested in the early days when they spent more time showing the fabrication of the parts, and then seeing the paint schemes is sometimes interesting.

One time I stumbled on a show where the guy had this old shop full of old bikes and parts, and the show was him taking parts from all these "parts" bikes and building a bike from it. I only ever saw it once, but it was cool. The episode I watch he actually purchased a new tank, but then cut it up and made it fit. Don't recall why he didn't use one he had.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:06 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,082 Likes on 17,943 Posts

Originally Posted by TimmH
I think I watched the first season then lost interest, have seen a couple episode lately while surfing on a rainy day.

Can't say I ever cared much for the bikes they build, but was interested in the early days when they spent more time showing the fabrication of the parts, and then seeing the paint schemes is sometimes interesting.

One time I stumbled on a show where the guy had this old shop full of old bikes and parts, and the show was him taking parts from all these "parts" bikes and building a bike from it. I only ever saw it once, but it was cool. The episode I watch he actually purchased a new tank, but then cut it up and made it fit. Don't recall why he didn't use one he had.
That's reality , people don't want that look at most tv shows it's all outrageous fantasy escapism . The average shmoo wants fantasy to take them away from the godawful reality of their boring & pointless lives .

Old 04-25-2012, 03:17 PM
dirtyharryfxrt
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If people would realize how stupid this show and it's cast are they would stop watching it and it will go away.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:21 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Read a book much more entertaining and the content will always be better .
Always is a strong word, I've read some lame books that were supposed to be good. At times it is nice to sit there and turn the brain off to kill time.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,082 Likes on 17,943 Posts

Originally Posted by danmo
Always is a strong word, I've read some lame books that were supposed to be good. At times it is nice to sit there and turn the brain off to kill time.
Point , I have read some crappy books lately Can't handle TV , 35 minutes of BUY , BUY , BUY for 25 mins of show . I want to turn the brain off I come in here

Old 04-25-2012, 11:09 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to admit it but I'm addicted to "Deadliest Catch". I'd been hearing about it for a long time and started watching a week or so ago. I have a DVR and I've recorded some older ones as sometimes they'll run a bunch in a row. I like it because it's pretty dramatic without scripted "fights".
I caught American Guns a couple nights ago.
It's exactly like American Chopper....A family that owns a gun store (turns out not far from me in Golden, CO) and they make guns from scratch for people with outrageous amounts of money: 10K for a handmade knockoff of an old Colt. Almost 20k for a knockoff Winchester. The son does the engraving and the teenage hottie daughter (I should be arrested) .....shoots guns and argues with her brother. They have the same kind've scripted "fights" that AC has. And then, they always load up some "target" (an outhouse, an organ (keyboard, that is) or safe with explosives and when the people are trying out their new, expensive guns, they blow something up to make it more exciting. Geeze, I need to get a life.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:25 AM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

everyone on that show is driving something new every time they show them..you see more new cars and trucks then bikes.. jr. dont give a f*** about american or motorcycles, its just $$$$ to him

Old 04-26-2012, 12:48 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

just means he has excellent taste in cars!!

Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brunosrk
Really!!! B F D . . . who gives a ****?
+1

Who gives a ****? The type of person that would actually watch American Chopper I guess.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:54 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TimmH
Sounds like an episode of Biker Build-Off - that's about the only thing like that I have ever seen on TV, anyhow.

Quick Reply: Watching American Chopper . . .