General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you in the HOG?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 01:31 PM
1Hog
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Along the same general vein of conversation. "Rules" I have been told by the local dealer that Colours from a MC can't be worn at a H.O.G. event!! I have read the By Laws and want to call Bull$h1T. Anyone have documentable information in regard to this???

Old 10-25-2012, 03:12 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I was a national member for a few years but decided the map and pins wasn't worth it. I have always had a problem with "the rules" when it comes to small organizations. Little (and big) power mad people always seem to come out of the woodwork. The local chapter of HOG had a skirmish a couple of years ago, and the shop owner gave the boot to the ranking members. For some reason, I do not feel the need to deal with that kind of stuff on my own time. Besides, I would have to work out more to carry all those pins around.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:55 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

I am a member of the national (they gave it to me when I bought my bike) and a member of the local chapter. I just got my wife an associate membership just because I thought she would get a kick out of it, rather than because it was necessary for her to join in the group rides, which it's not.

I can't say I am very involved at this point. I went on a ride to the York factory with a group from the chapter because my wife wasn't interested and my regular riding buddy isn't on a Harley, so he wasn't interested either. I also went on a group ride through the mountains because it was a route I didn't know and I wanted to learn some new roads. I have used the chapter website as a resource for ideas for interesting rides and good roads since they post the route sheets on the member page.

The group is a very laid back group of people and the main purpose that is pushed is riding and having fun (although there are a number of charitable events also). As far as age range, there are a few 30-somethings, but I would say the norm is 45-60 years old. I have found them to be very welcoming and inclusive when I show up.

Last edited by TKDKurt; 10-25-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Trucky911
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Hog
Along the same general vein of conversation. "Rules" I have been told by the local dealer that Colours from a MC can't be worn at a H.O.G. event!! I have read the By Laws and want to call Bull$h1T. Anyone have documentable information in regard to this???
Had a guy from one our local 1% clubs that was a member of our HOG chapter also. He wore his club colors to Hog meeting and events. When he passed away the HOG chapter and his club had a big wake for him. He was a great guy he is dearly missed by all that knew him...

Trucky911

Old 10-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Scaredofrain
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pondskipper
So you are saying you quit because you could not keep up with the old ladies on tri glides?
Or maybe it's that none of the gay ones there fancied Dicky and it really disappointed him?

Old 10-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Scaredofrain
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ManicKernel
Hey, Dickey got a chick from Cartegena off Craigslist with that haircut.
Or maybe "Dail-a-Bride"?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:31 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

As you can imagine HOG has a pretty wild initiation for old ladies so make sure your wife really wants it before getting her on-board.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:11 AM
DZLDR
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Sign the title of your bike over to the chapter, turn out the OL, and go get me a beer.
now that right there is some funny ****!

Old 10-27-2012, 12:45 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Our dealer (Indy North @96th st)gives everyone who buys a new bike a free yr of local and national HOG membership.

With that come a 15% lifetime discount on all parts as long as U own Ur bike and keep up the memberships

And U don't have to attend any meeting or do any events if U don't want to.

I haven't done any meeting or rides, but they have some that sounds really good and they usually have great turn outs. Plus are always throwing parties.

Free drinks, free food, at least monthly and bands 3-4 times a yr when they have sales. I have been to a bunch of these.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:57 PM
mike5380
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
Our dealer (Indy North @96th st)gives everyone who buys a new bike a free yr of local and national HOG membership.

With that come a 15% lifetime discount on all parts as long as U own Ur bike and keep up the memberships

And U don't have to attend any meeting or do any events if U don't want to.

I haven't done any meeting or rides, but they have some that sounds really good and they usually have great turn outs. Plus are always throwing parties.

Free drinks, free food, at least monthly and bands 3-4 times a yr when they have sales. I have been to a bunch of these.

Yea, this is pretty typical of most active dealers. It's a big reason that I joined HOG. we usually end up at a local bbq or Mexican dinner spot rather than Denny's. But we do smoe awesome rides on the weekends.
To each, their own, I guess.

Quick Reply: Are you in the HOG?