General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pak on a Heritage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:33 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

It's not brown, but just for extra storage, this is a pretty nice set-up. And a whole lot cheaper than an Ultra.

http://www.vikingbags.com/Motorcycle...-7745-prd1.htm

Or talk to these guys. Maybe they can make you something in the color you want.

http://blackcanyonleather.net/Bags.html

Last edited by DannyZ71; 04-23-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Kenney
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

I bought a damaged Ultra Tour Pack off of ebay, (was planning to have it covered anyway so didn't care if the paint was bad or not. Filled in the scratches with epoxy, could have used body filler but didn’t have any and there was not the many to do.) Had an “auto seat cover shop” cover the Tout pack for me. Taped into the wiring for the lights. As you can see I didn’t use the speaker housings as I didn’t have a stereo.
Think having yours done in a natural leather color would look great.
I installed a HD detachable tout pack mount; again you may half to replace your Shock bolts to make this work.

Attached Thumbnails Tour pak on a Heritage?-baby-blue.jpg  
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM
WildBill_50
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

See if this guy still has his for sale. I thought about it but I just don't have the $$$ right now.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/multi...-tour-pak.html

Kenney; I like your set up, I'll have to keep it in mind for the future.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Ratkiller
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a tour pack on my old Heritage. I had it as a quick disconnect. Trouble was my wife liked it so much that it never was quick disconnected. The extra storage was great.
Ratkiller

Old 04-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Stubby3492
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can buy the mounts for a tourpack, as I noticed this one on usedvictoria.com. Add one of these and a get a matching luggage for it and you have a trunk.

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...atBoy_14697248

-

Last edited by Stubby3492; 04-23-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Kenney
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by WildBill_50
See if this guy still has his for sale. I thought about it but I just don't have the $$$ right now.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/multi...-tour-pak.html

Kenney; I like your set up, I'll have to keep it in mind for the future.

Thanks, I did win a number of bike shows (in the soft tail class) with it.
Check with different HD dealers and you may find a tour pack from a wreaked bike. Some epoxy or fiberglass can make one good as new (don’t half to have the finish perfect as your going to cover it anyway) If I remember right, I think the total for everything was $500.00. (Tout Pack, HD mounting hardware, leather like covering, and HD luggage rack)
Yes I too end up leaving it on 99% of the time.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:11 AM
133shooter
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenney
I bought a damaged Ultra Tour Pack off of ebay, (was planning to have it covered anyway so didn't care if the paint was bad or not. Filled in the scratches with epoxy, could have used body filler but didn’t have any and there was not the many to do.) Had an “auto seat cover shop” cover the Tout pack for me. Taped into the wiring for the lights. As you can see I didn’t use the speaker housings as I didn’t have a stereo.
Think having yours done in a natural leather color would look great.
I installed a HD detachable tout pack mount; again you may half to replace your Shock bolts to make this work.
Kenny was the HD Detachable tour Pack mount that then make for the Softtail or did you get a different one

Old 01-23-2016, 10:17 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 781 Likes on 470 Posts

You do realize this thread is almost 4 years old however from the pic Kenny has the mount for the Heritage.

Generally if you want information from a member when the thread is this old you just send a PM.

Last edited by Bluraven; 01-23-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-03-2021, 04:13 PM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by walkerinin
I have been thinking about trading in the Heritage for a Ultra. Mainly to have the extra storage. Problem is... I love my bike. I got to wondering if there is a tour pak type set up I can get (and get re-done to match the rest of the leather) Any ideas?

DO IT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
I would go on 4 to 7 day rides. I was invited to go on a cross country 23 day ride, hell ya. I had a 2019 Heritage with Harley’s tour pack. It was ok, but tight . After getting home I went to Tilley HD and bought a 2021 Ultra Limited. This bike is fantastic and handles extremely well. I’m 67 6’ and a little over weight LOL
i thought this bike would be too heavy and hard to maneuver compared to my Heritage. Well went I took it out for a test ride, as soon as I was out of the HD parking lot I yelled it’s mine.
No way in hell regarding comfort, that the Heritage could stand up to the Limited. I like twisties and have absolutely no problem on those kind of roads.
You will love the roominess of the saddle bags and tour pack.
Go test ride one and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
Good Luck
DRESS FOR THE SLIDE NOT THE RIDE

Extra stuff, stage 2 stereo, stage 2 with torque cam, Custom Dynamic LED turn, break, fill in lights. Strobe on break lights, 1’’ extended floorboards, Kuryakyn extended break pedal pad, S&S slip on mufflers that I hate do to rust issues after one month. Putting on Khrome Werks slip on’s guarantee against rust. Stick it S&S c Clear View recurve clear windshield and their GT recurve windshield for winter riding.

Old 11-03-2021, 04:18 PM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

This was my 2019 Heritage with custom wheels , V@H twin slash slip on’s, Custom Dynamic LED lights , strobe, heated grips, stage 1, ClearView windshield re curve.
I was headed out on a 7 day ride.

Quick Reply: Tour pak on a Heritage?