General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbings glove owner, please read in

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012 | 12:11 PM
128auto
|
Extreme HDF Member
Exclamation Gerbings glove owner, please read in

I got some Gerbings heated gear about 2 months ago, love it! My only question is how hot the G3 gloves supposed to be? I found my pants, jacket liner and insole are super hot, got to turn them down. The gloves don't seem to be 'Hot' just enough to keep my hands from frozen, I'd say I don't even feel the heat even I turn them on full. Is that normal? I like to know how your gloves perform, if you have a bagger with front bat wing, that will not help, I am riding without bat wing and windshield . Thanks!

Old 04-21-2012 | 12:23 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 128auto
I got some Gerbings heated gear about 2 months ago, love it! My only question is how hot the G3 gloves supposed to be? I found my pants, jacket liner and insole are super hot, got to turn them down. The gloves don't seem to be 'Hot' just enough to keep my hands from frozen, I'd say I don't even feel the heat even I turn them on full. Is that normal? I like to know how your gloves perform, if you have a bagger with front bat wing, that will not help, I am riding without bat wing and windshield . Thanks!
That pretty much describes my G3s (and heated liner jacket - hot!) too. They are great with heated grips on, but out in the open air, and on their own, I don't think they are warm enough.

Old 04-21-2012 | 12:35 PM
128auto
|
Extreme HDF Member

If you don't feel the heat with bat wing covering your hands, that really sucks!
I try to turn off the gloves while riding, frozen! I guess the gloves work, but just warm enough to offset the cold, not toasty warm. Thx!

Old 04-21-2012 | 12:46 PM
ghira75
Road Warrior

there was a post sometime ago about this, that the heated jacket feels very warm but not the gloves. I have the T5, gloves only, and rarely put them on on full power, but I don't usually ride below 30°-35° F. But yes, my hands would be very warm.
did you try the gloves only? I wander if the jacket draws too much power and the gloves don't heat up as they are supposed to. I suggest trying using them alone or jacket turned off. if that solves the problem then the gloves need to be hooked up separately....

Old 04-21-2012 | 05:16 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Supporter

The plugs on your gloves, is it a molded 90 degree angle? If not, call the place you bought them and tell them you want them replaced with the right angle plug. Gerbing had a batch made in China with only wires on the back, not the palms. These defective gloves have the straight plugs. If they give ya crap or dont know what your talking about, call Gerbing.

Old 04-21-2012 | 06:56 PM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Interesting post from cdestuck, good info. My gerbings get hot enough that I operate the gloves at about medium on the thermostat at most. However, I rarely ride in temps below 45 degrees F. I ride a road glide and my hands are in the wind.

Old 04-21-2012 | 07:03 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member

I have the T5 gloves and put them on their on circuit. I've never had cold hands even is freezing weather on the highway. That said, they fit a bit loose so in very cold weather I have to push my fingers against the back of the brake/clutch levers to get the heating elements to contact the skin and transfer warmth, this is because they are a bit large on me, they need to fit tight to transfer heat effectively. IDK but I think the T5s are warmer than the T3s.

Old 04-21-2012 | 07:09 PM
ramnj
Road Master

I'm having the same problem with the gloves not heating. I'm going to contact Gerbring to see what they say.

Old 04-21-2012 | 08:56 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member

I have Warm Gear heated gloves and they would literally burn the skin on the back of my hand at full temp. Also I noticed that with the stock black heated grips of my EG on full temp, they will heat my gloves on the palm and the wiring of the gloves transfers the heat through out the gloves without having the gloves plugged in. I'm probably never going to hard wire my gloves again.

Old 04-21-2012 | 11:47 PM
128auto
|
Extreme HDF Member

Yes, I do have the 90 degree elbow plugs.

Originally Posted by cdestuck
The plugs on your gloves, is it a molded 90 degree angle? If not, call the place you bought them and tell them you want them replaced with the right angle plug. Gerbing had a batch made in China with only wires on the back, not the palms. These defective gloves have the straight plugs. If they give ya crap or dont know what your talking about, call Gerbing.

Quick Reply: Gerbings glove owner, please read in