General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbings glove owner, please read in

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012 | 11:03 AM
128auto
|
Extreme HDF Member

I have nothing againist Gerbing's, speaking the truth, I am happy with the jacket liner, pants and insoles, they are actually too hot I have to turn them down any riding temperature. But the gloves I am also

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
128 does indeed have the newer G3's (90 degree plug) and believes there's a problem as both pairs don't get toasty warm. And THAT is where my confusion came into play...

Old 05-10-2012 | 11:09 AM
128auto
|
Extreme HDF Member

I tell you what I did before I sent my gloves.
I have to dual controller, I have tested the power both jacket liner and gloves/accessories, I get same voltage as line in, no voltage drop at all, I measure resistance on all wires and they turned out good. Went through the Gerbing's FAQ, use rubbing alcohol, clean all the connections, no difference. I also run the gloves directly from battery, same result. The gloves and pants are in the same circuit, the pants got too hot but the gloves didn't. They are just a little warm but not enough as soon as my bike moves. I am calling them now

Originally Posted by Nirvana
Maybe there's something wrong with your connection. Have you tried connecting directly without the controller, which should give you maximum power. The fuse shouldn't be an issue if you're getting heat at all, but you might want to change that out and confirm it's the right size as well.

Also, make sure the harness is solidly bolted to the battery terminals.

Old 05-12-2012 | 12:44 PM
128auto
|
Extreme HDF Member
Cool

Ok guys, picked up my third replacement gloves, guess what? It is working! YAY!
The gloves are so warm, actually hot I have to turn the heat down almost all the way. Riding to work this morning it was cold, at 80mph hwy speed, hands are toasty warm. I can't be happier, what I am saying is check your gloves, if they don't work, don't be afraid to call them for repair. Thanks Gerbing's!

Old 05-12-2012 | 05:04 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member

NICE!!!

I plan on adding the G3's to my collection for the cooler days where the T5's are overkill. This thread has been very helpful making sure I get what I'm suppose to get. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Old 05-12-2012 | 07:49 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 128auto
Ok guys, picked up my third replacement gloves, guess what? It is working! YAY!
The gloves are so warm, actually hot I have to turn the heat down almost all the way. Riding to work this morning it was cold, at 80mph hwy speed, hands are toasty warm. I can't be happier, what I am saying is check your gloves, if they don't work, don't be afraid to call them for repair. Thanks Gerbing's!

Cool, so to speak. Now I got a question for you, seems your still wearing heated gear, not sure why but anyway. Have you ridden with these morning or evening un heated? Thinking of getting some transitional gloves (10-15C) but not sure what just yet. The T-5's are too much and my summer gloves which are fine down to 10C aren't quite enough beyond 30 minutes. Tried some fleece lined HD gauntlets that might be ok but at $100 the price point is not far from the G3 which can be plugged in if things get cooler - just as the T5 is a pretty good winter glove even when not turned on. Any thoughts on this?

Old 05-13-2012 | 01:06 AM
128auto
|
Extreme HDF Member

Good question! It is warm enough to wear regular gloves but I really like these G3, I wear them most of the time unplugged. I go to work early in the morning, it could be cold from time to time, still plug in these 2 mornings and feel great. I have some cheap leather gauntlets, they are ok for fall, if ride gets longer and temp gets colder, not as good as G3. I do have another pair of HD summer gloves, total 3 pairs. I heard the HD gauntlets are pretty good but I am not going to buy my 4th pair, too many gloves lol.

Originally Posted by p51bombay
Cool, so to speak. Now I got a question for you, seems your still wearing heated gear, not sure why but anyway. Have you ridden with these morning or evening un heated? Thinking of getting some transitional gloves (10-15C) but not sure what just yet. The T-5's are too much and my summer gloves which are fine down to 10C aren't quite enough beyond 30 minutes. Tried some fleece lined HD gauntlets that might be ok but at $100 the price point is not far from the G3 which can be plugged in if things get cooler - just as the T5 is a pretty good winter glove even when not turned on. Any thoughts on this?

Old 05-13-2012 | 04:18 AM
Scaredofrain
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by 128auto
I heard the HD gauntlets are pretty good but I am not going to buy my 4th pair, too many gloves lol.
But do the ones you have go with your boots? If not, following my wife's logic, you NEED to buy new gloves.

Last edited by Scaredofrain; 05-13-2012 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-15-2012 | 12:48 AM
user 46092
Banned

Love them.