General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screw Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Rogue13
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screw Amazon

I've gotten used to using Amazon - all in one shopping, low prices, and cheap shipping. I just ordered a Cruz Tool kit, a Slime mini compressor, and a Slime tire plug kit. All THREE items are coming from different vendors - WITH THEIR OWN shipping and handling! The most expensive to ship is the smallest and lightest - the $10 tire plugger cost $11 to ship.

F YOU Amazon. Thought you guys would like to know. I will order from more "mom and pop" sites if I can.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:15 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It happens sometimes when you are ordering from one place ie AMAZON...they are enabling you to find, order and ship in your words cheap.. It happens but why get so upset, dont order the items, go find them from other sources that have cheaper shipping. There will be other times when Amazon is going to be cheaper than other Mom and Pop sites and the drive to Amazon or other sites makes for an easy day of driving...

Old 04-20-2012, 01:20 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,450 Likes on 17,680 Posts

Sorry buddy that's your fault not Amazon's , the sellers name , prices and shipping cost's if extra are clearly marked in the " add to cart " box . How is it Amazon's bad you didn't read it ? Plus they do state where each item is sold by , rarely does it all come from one place .

Old 04-20-2012, 01:22 PM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, relax. Things like this happen.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Daddy-O
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazon lists where each item is shipped from and the shipping cost on each item page. Not all items on Amazon are handled by Amazon. Some of the vendors charge slightly more for an item but offer free shipping resulting in a lower overall price. Other times you can really get screwed by shipping if you're not paying attention.

A lot of the vendors on Amazon also have their own websites with different prices. It pays to shop around.

BTW, you likely are receiving your order from several "mom and pop shops" that are utilizing amazon marketplace to sell.

Last edited by Daddy-O; 04-20-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Rogue13
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I get that I didn't take the time to look at the shipping dollars - my point is, I never had to - it was usually the best game in town. My multiple item orders were always delivered in one package. Not so much any more apparently. My bitch is that they changed dramatically on how they are doing business.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:54 PM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree it pays to shop around if you got the time to do that. If not suck it up if you want it order it. If not wait until you can find it at another time.
You do have the option of placing a feedback why not caution others about the particular vendors high shipping charges maybe then the vendor will start being more realistic with his shipping charge.
Don

Old 04-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Daddy-O
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rogue13
Yeah, I get that I didn't take the time to look at the shipping dollars - my point is, I never had to - it was usually the best game in town. My multiple item orders were always delivered in one package. Not so much any more apparently. My bitch is that they changed dramatically on how they are doing business.
Yup. Amazon Marketplace is pretty much like Ebay storefronts except Amazon guarantees purchases from Amazon Marketplace sellers.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Captain Smooth
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you use amazon that much just pay for amazon prime for the year and all your shipping is covered free next day shipping. An like the others said how is that amazons fault that you decided what vender to ship from?

I've gotten used to using Amazon - all in one shopping, low prices, and cheap shipping. I just ordered a Cruz Tool kit, a Slime mini compressor, and a Slime tire plug kit. All THREE items are coming from different vendors - WITH THEIR OWN shipping and handling! The most expensive to ship is the smallest and lightest - the $10 tire plugger cost $11 to ship.

F YOU Amazon. Thought you guys would like to know. I will order from more "mom and pop" sites if I can.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:28 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,450 Likes on 17,680 Posts

Dude it's like walking in the dog park , you just have to watch where you step that's all .

Quick Reply: Screw Amazon