General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screw Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 09:28 PM
RioC
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
You really got to watch out for the shipping. I order from them often, and many times it's not a deal if shipping is too much. You have to decide.
Ever return something to them that you bought - when it comes from the "Marketplace" Amazon is not responsible and they tell you to deal with the vendor directly. What if the Vendor does not reply to you? This is what I am into right now. I am glad it's only a $25 order, but it's the principal now. I got an OK to return, did so, they signed for it - no refund or credit and that was back in Feb. No response from them since. Probably a hole in the wall, they use a Post Office Box and a gmail address. Looks like I may be SOL, but I'm still swinging.
Beware!
Find an item for a great price/get overly excited because you're getting a deal... Then realize shipping is outrageous when the shipping site is in an adjacent state, but that it doesn't matter because it is flat rate shipping. Story of my internet shopping life.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got Amazon Prime after getting my Kindle Fire.
Before that, I'd look for items with "Free express shipping".
Sometimes, I'd find an item not included in the free express shipping, but at a better price and free shipping from that vendor. Two or more packages delivered in that case.

I still compare prices and find items that are not marked as Prime eligible but end up cheaper at check out.