General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screw Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Rogue13
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Dude it's like walking in the dog park , you just have to watch where you step that's all .

Now I see I have to - before, the park was always clean.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:53 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,039 Likes on 17,929 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue13
Now I see I have to - before, the park was always clean.
You are right things are changing everywhere and not for the better , never take anything for granted my friend always look at the details . Everybody has been bite at some time , all crap aside we feel you .

Old 04-20-2012, 02:57 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Sorry buddy that's your fault not Amazon's , the sellers name , prices and shipping cost's if extra are clearly marked in the " add to cart " box . How is it Amazon's bad you didn't read it ? Plus they do state where each item is sold by , rarely does it all come from one place .

Yup... People have forgotten how to take responsibility for their own actions.

No one forced you do click on the buttons you clicked on and they are all up front with the costs.

How is it their fault? It isn't.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:01 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Yeah, I get that I didn't take the time to look at the shipping dollars - my point is, I never had to - it was usually the best game in town. My multiple item orders were always delivered in one package. Not so much any more apparently. My bitch is that they changed dramatically on how they are doing business.

This is how they have been for yrs. Not trying to make you feel worse or pile on but YOUR money and YOUR order means YOU are responsible for finalizing it.

You should never just make the assumption. I know it is boring but you have to read the terms, you have to examine the order you have to make sure that when you spend your money it is being done the way YOU want it done.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Rogue13
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
Yup... People have forgotten how to take responsibility for their own actions.

No one forced you do click on the buttons you clicked on and they are all up front with the costs.

How is it their fault? It isn't.

Before you respond, read the thread. I never said I wasn't responsible. I clicked. I ordered. I paid.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Daddy-O
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing that really sucks about Amazon is how long they take to ship.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:10 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

????I don't/wont order on line.... period..

Old 04-20-2012, 05:36 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,039 Likes on 17,929 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy-O
The thing that really sucks about Amazon is how long they take to ship.
Get the premier membership it's worth it for $70 a year with all the extra's & freebies particularly if you do any Ebooks plus you can have 5 people on the account and if its an Amazon supported item ( about 75% plus ) it's 2 day shipping period . The OL and I use the hell out of it , well she does anyway .

Old 04-20-2012, 07:17 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Yeah, I get that I didn't take the time to look at the shipping dollars - my point is, I never had to - it was usually the best game in town. My multiple item orders were always delivered in one package. Not so much any more apparently. My bitch is that they changed dramatically on how they are doing business.
they've been doing it this way for at least 3 years. how long has it been since you ordered? my wife buys a lot of books from amazon so she subscribes to the amazon prime deal. sometimes, i'll want to order something and i'll be able to find it with the amazon prime logo, if so, shipping is free. takes a little detective work, but it isn't that hard.

Originally Posted by Captain Smooth
If you use amazon that much just pay for amazon prime for the year and all your shipping is covered free next day shipping. An like the others said how is that amazons fault that you decided what vender to ship from?
not all shipping is free. if it comes from amazon it is. but if it is from a vendor in the 'amazon marketplace', then you still pay shipping.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:35 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,530 Likes on 1,425 Posts

You really got to watch out for the shipping. I order from them often, and many times it's not a deal if shipping is too much. You have to decide.
Ever return something to them that you bought - when it comes from the "Marketplace" Amazon is not responsible and they tell you to deal with the vendor directly. What if the Vendor does not reply to you? This is what I am into right now. I am glad it's only a $25 order, but it's the principal now. I got an OK to return, did so, they signed for it - no refund or credit and that was back in Feb. No response from them since. Probably a hole in the wall, they use a Post Office Box and a gmail address. Looks like I may be SOL, but I'm still swinging.
Beware!

Quick Reply: Screw Amazon