General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you have done?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:45 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by zworld
God you got more money than sense, that much for a bunch of lites? If you have that kind of money to throw around, quit bitchin. Do the work yourself. Sickens me all these poor Harley owners, come on here and say how much they have spent in parts, AND LABOR. You deserve to get screwed, they see you coming guy, your like a chick in a garage, they are going to rape you cuz you don't know any better. Surprises me all these guys come on here and bitch about 120 bucks. when they can't even put in some damn lites! you sir have lost your man card! lol
Don't you just love it when someone with nothing positive to say about anyone or anything gets on a thread and just flames away for the hell of it?

Zworld, YOU, sir, have a "man card" you got from a CrackerJack box! Guess it bolstered your ego to post such a pathetic rant, but the rest of us don't need to hear it.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:56 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master

Originally Posted by pmang
Dude... WTF??? Did you read the post before you started your wiseass reply? No, I did not pay labor to have lights installed... I'm able to do that myself thank you very much. The things I did pay labor for where outside of my comfort zone.... Apes/internal wiring, pipes, stage 1, chrome lowers.....

Sorry to "sicken" you by not being a mechanic......

oh yeah.... it's "you're" not "your" and "Lights" not "Lites"..... people that can't handle 5th grade English sicken me.......

OK... we're even now.... can we buy each other a virtual beer??
Kudos, pmang, for your post here. Well written and points out some glaring problems with this flamer.

Don't bother offering a buy this guy a "virtual beer' though. From the anti-social tone and borderline illiteracy of zworld's post, he lacks the class, intellect or basic social grace to accept your offer.

It appears someone left the lid to the toolbox open.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:14 AM
pmang
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
I want to get in on the beer as well.

"I just decided that these where what I was looking for."
Or were what I was looking for?

"Break" lights twice.

BTW, you started the grammar corrections.
Jim, you're (your, ur) totally invited for the beer as well. I did notice that (so did another poster) and I left it up so I wouldn't be a hypocrite.... I'm entering these posts on an iPhone with an auto correct mind of it's own! Way too hard to go back and edit! I really don't care about internet grammar.... Was just looking for some simple ammo to fire back!

Old 04-21-2012, 09:21 AM
pmang
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zworld
Oh, and grammer on the internet, fk that. I can spell correctly, but do whats easy. Im an ******* and I kno it, just having fun. Z
No problem Z.... I agree... No Internet grammer police... I was just looking for something quick to throw back at ur first post! I routinely appologize for my many typos after I post... For some reason, can't edit when doing this from a phone....

Btw, please link any place you see these OEM led lights online at a 20%+ discount... I looked and couldn't find them. Yes, they are expensive but everyone here who had them has stated that it's one of the best mods they've done and won't ever go back to traditional lights.... Peace... Ride safe....

Old 04-21-2012, 03:21 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,271 Likes on 1,848 Posts

The first H-D dealer where I bought my first H-D (1975) is long gone.

I've been dealing with the same H-D dealer since 1991.
When Harley's were hard to get and some dealers were marking their prices up to "what the market would bear", these guys had a "lottery" and the first winners were entitled to the first bikes that came in.

THe dealer closest to me was the one who marked their prices up and the one I go to is much farther away but I'll still go to them just as a matter of principal.
This is a family owned business and the service guys have always treated me great so when I get ready for a new bike I know where I will be going.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:26 PM
tkunk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely what you did, however, I would certainly go back to the first dealer and give them the lowdown. Let them know that you have spent your last dollar at their establishment. Profit isn't a dirty word, but greed is.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:26 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master

Originally Posted by tkunk
Definitely what you did, however, I would certainly go back to the first dealer and give them the lowdown. Let them know that you have spent your last dollar at their establishment. Profit isn't a dirty word, but greed is.
Tkunk, you hit the nail on the head! I don't begrudge a dealer an honest profit, but there needs to be a balance struck between profit and doing right by the customer. Too bad so many dealers don't realize that. Is it any wonder why a lot of HD shops get a bad rap?