General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you have done?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 10:52 AM
pmang
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
for future reference, it's 'brake' light.

can i get in on the beer too?

i would have done the same thing that you did. i also wouldn't bother riding in to the first dealer to show him what you bought elsewhere, that doesn't do anyone any good.

Haha!! well done on calling me out on that! I was heated and writing that quickly.... Yup... virtual beers all around for all of our dumb asses!

I won't even go back to edit the typo.....

Last edited by pmang; 04-19-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:11 PM
zworld
Tourer

Originally Posted by pmang
Dude... WTF??? Did you read the post before you started your wiseass reply? No, I did not pay labor to have lights installed... I'm able to do that myself thank you very much. The things I did pay labor for where outside of my comfort zone.... Apes/internal wiring, pipes, stage 1, chrome lowers.....

Sorry to "sicken" you by not being a mechanic......

oh yeah.... it's "you're" not "your" and "Lights" not "Lites"..... people that can't handle 5th grade English sicken me.......

OK... we're even now.... can we buy each other a virtual beer??
Whatever, I was just having fun. If your going to come on a forum and whine you have to expect people to pick at you. Z

Old 04-20-2012, 12:19 PM
pmang
Cruiser

Originally Posted by zworld
Whatever, I was just having fun. If your going to come on a forum and whine you have to expect people to pick at you. Z
Re-read your post... Not much "having fun" there.... You attacked pretty hard. And I wasn't whining... I got what I wanted at the price I was willing to pay... Just throwing something out there to ponder as why a dealer where I spent over 20k wouldn't budge, and a place where I never walked into before would... That's all... Peace... Enjoy your ride....

Old 04-20-2012, 01:02 PM
68 Shovelking
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess my outlook is if I know what parts I need and I'm just looking to place an order, why should I pay more than the 20% off the online sellers of genuine HD parts offer?
If you're asking them to sift through catalogs or seeking advice on which parts to buy, then I can see paying more for that value added service.
That's the way it works though, most sales organizations try to make as much profit as they think they can, and most buyers won't tell them when they're moving on.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 PM
zworld
Tourer

You can always get parts cheaper online, never go through dealers. with exceptions of coarse. My local harley dealer wants 130.00 for a peg set i want. hales hd has the same set for 100.00. hence the exception. Z

Old 04-20-2012, 09:41 PM
zworld
Tourer

Oh, and grammer on the internet, fk that. I can spell correctly, but do whats easy. Im an ******* and I kno it, just having fun. Z

Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by pmang
... I just decided that these where what I was looking for. I did appreciate the review someone posted a while ago comparing the Harley LED to Truck-Lite's. It was very informative and I read the whole thread more then once. One thing that I liked about the Harley rear turn signals and break light was that they would work together (plug and play) and no load balancer was needed. I like that the turn signals will also function as break lights.

All in all, I'm excited to put all of these on. I have a feeling I'll be riding more at night just to enjoy them!
I want to get in on the beer as well.

"I just decided that these where what I was looking for."
Or were what I was looking for?

"Break" lights twice.

BTW, you started the grammar corrections.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:00 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

To me , my loyalty is to the cheapest seller.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:41 AM
PBJ
6th Gear

Originally Posted by DocO
There's no customer like a new customer. Never forget that dealers are out there to make money, period. There is no loyalty no matter how they pretend there is.

Early in the thread a poster wrote "loyalty goes both ways." Maybe that's true in marriage or with drinking buddies--there's no truth to that in retail. Especially in a dealership that has to pay huge overhead for licensing and inventory. They're in business to turn a profit. Caveat emptor.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:29 AM
shagster
Cruiser

Some businesses / dealers don't realize it's really "all about you" the customer! If you don't walk in the door and buy, they ain't in business.

Quick Reply: What would you have done?