General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you have done?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 PM
pmang
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to 18 out of 19 of you for your responses.... Yeah... you all seem to feel the same way I did. Mostly, I was surprised that a dealer that I had spent a lot of money at would let a $1000+ sale walk out the door. Yes they are in business to make money but should think about keeping good customers loyal.... That was the reason for my post.

Last edited by pmang; 04-18-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:42 PM
pmang
Cruiser

Originally Posted by zworld
God you got more money than sense, that much for a bunch of lites? If you have that kind of money to throw around, quit bitchin. Do the work yourself. Sickens me all these poor Harley owners, come on here and say how much they have spent in parts, AND LABOR. You deserve to get screwed, they see you coming guy, your like a chick in a garage, they are going to rape you cuz you don't know any better. Surprises me all these guys come on here and bitch about 120 bucks. when they can't even put in some damn lites! you sir have lost your man card! lol

Dude... WTF??? Did you read the post before you started your wiseass reply? No, I did not pay labor to have lights installed... I'm able to do that myself thank you very much. The things I did pay labor for where outside of my comfort zone.... Apes/internal wiring, pipes, stage 1, chrome lowers.....

Sorry to "sicken" you by not being a mechanic......

oh yeah.... it's "you're" not "your" and "Lights" not "Lites"..... people that can't handle 5th grade English sicken me.......

OK... we're even now.... can we buy each other a virtual beer??

Old 04-18-2012, 07:44 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

before i would have bought them from the new dealer i would have called the old dealer and told him of your find. betcha he would have matched his price. then i would have told the old dealer to go pound sand and bought them from the new dealer.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:20 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by pmang
Dude... WTF??? Did you read the post before you started your wiseass reply? No, I did not pay labor to have lights installed... I'm able to do that myself thank you very much. The things I did pay labor for where outside of my comfort zone.... Apes/internal wiring, pipes, stage 1, chrome lowers.....

Sorry to "sicken" you by not being a mechanic......

oh yeah.... it's "you're" not "your" and "Lights" not "Lites"..... people that can't handle 5th grade English sicken me.......

OK... we're even now.... can we buy each other a virtual beer??
I would have shopped around for the best price on the lights. Probably would have gotten 15-30% off, maybe 50-60% off going aftermarket. (Thinking about it I would have changed my mind long before it broached the $1k mark).

Old 04-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Competition is the backbone of Capitalism.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

These dealerships switch policy all the time. This month Harley Corporate says at the meetings says all the money comes from the fresh blood so milk 'em out at list price since they don't know better. But next winter they'll be fighting to keep you coming back with discounts and sales and all that.

Man, these LED's are a high dollar option. They must be a hell of a thing to see lighting up the road.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 PM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Would've done the same thing, except I like going to a local Indy instead.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:51 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Would have done the same but dont go burnin any bridges as you never know when you might need your original dealer

Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 PM
pmang
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cdestuck
Would have done the same but dont go burnin any bridges as you never know when you might need your original dealer
I agree with not burning bridges... That's why I'm not calling them out by name (or even State) here. I also won't pull in there next week showing them what I bought elsewhere. They didn't do anything wrong... I was just surprised they elected to pass on a sale from a good customer and said there was nothing they could (or wanted) to do. I had a feeling that most of you would have done the same thing and go for the best deal... Business is business..... I don't feel guilty. They didn't want a discounted sale and I wasn't willing to pay full price. I would have waited to find them on sale.

Yes, these are expensive... But for the performance and increased safety, I think they are a nice addition to any bike. I did look at the non-Harley brands as well. I just decided that these where what I was looking for. I did appreciate the review someone posted a while ago comparing the Harley LED to Truck-Lite's. It was very informative and I read the whole thread more then once. One thing that I liked about the Harley rear turn signals and break light was that they would work together (plug and play) and no load balancer was needed. I like that the turn signals will also function as break lights.

All in all, I'm excited to put all of these on. I have a feeling I'll be riding more at night just to enjoy them!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would have done the same thing with no regrets or looking back at that dealer.

Quick Reply: What would you have done?