General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you have done?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 06:43 PM
gonzo3426
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you are impatient like me...go for it wherever...after all, any deal is a good deal as long as the buyer is willing to pay for it...in retrospect, it's always good practice to shop around and not let impulse dictate...we all hate buyer's remorse...been there, done that...my 2 cents...

Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzo3426
if you are impatient like me...go for it wherever...after all, any deal is a good deal as long as the buyer is willing to pay for it...in retrospect, it's always good practice to shop around and not let impulse dictate...we all hate buyer's remorse...been there, done that...my 2 cents...
Consumers have to look out for themselves because no one else will. Good for you, you did the right thing. Save your money and you now have more to spend on other stuff. Retailers don't just give people stuff because they are "loyal" customers. They are in the business of making money. This new dealer is treating you right and will win your business today. When that runs out, move on to the next dealer.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

If you feel guilty because you were not loyal,give them the 120 !

Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Frederick 2012
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 3 dealers all about an hour away in different directions, I purchased my Lo this last December from a dealer over two hours away. They offered me alot more on trade for old one and there sales and service are out standing. Also I read a thread on here couple days ago about a lighting sales place somewhere, I checked prices, they are a third the price of any dealers. I'll be checking with them for any lighting needs in the future.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Big Island Rider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My loyalty is to my family. If I can save $120 going somewhere else, then that is money that goes toward my family's enjoyment. I look at all sources: dealers, independants, ebay, craigslist, online shops, you name it I will look.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:09 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

I use the dealer 35 miles away when I need something instead of the one
less than 10 miles from me because like somebody already said, "not all dealers are the same. I give my business to the best one.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:12 PM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

I would tell the other store why. If they were friendly, to help them stay in business.$$$ talks and BS walks.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Louderisbetter
Tourer

Shopping around works, dont feel guilty by any means..its your job to sav money and the dealers to make it. Dont get too pissed at the dealer though I wouldnt want someone expecting my services/products at a 10% discount just because they asked. You did good! You should tell the NEW dealer that you could be a regular customer due to their prices...may work in your benefit in the future

Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why do you ask "what would you have done?" I would have asked if they could do any better then 10%. My loyalties to any dealer are nil. Why would you feel any? What did they do for you beside take a bunch of your money for a bike and some overpriced parts made in China.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 PM
zworld
Tourer

God you got more money than sense, that much for a bunch of lites? If you have that kind of money to throw around, quit bitchin. Do the work yourself. Sickens me all these poor Harley owners, come on here and say how much they have spent in parts, AND LABOR. You deserve to get screwed, they see you coming guy, your like a chick in a garage, they are going to rape you cuz you don't know any better. Surprises me all these guys come on here and bitch about 120 bucks. when they can't even put in some damn lites! you sir have lost your man card! lol

Quick Reply: What would you have done?