Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet Another Unforced Error, Serious Consequences

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:45 AM
BlazingC5
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet Another Unforced Error, Serious Consequences

This happened just up the street from me.

Just shaking my head at this point, waiting to hear more details. Witnesses reported that the two were riding close together at high speed and clipped each other.

My prayers that they live to learn from this and ride another day.
An accident involving two motorcycles shut down Santiago Canyon Road between the 241 toll road and Jamboree Road in Orange for several hours Sunday, police said.
Orange police officers responded to the accident at about 5:45 p.m. on Sunday and shut down the road starting at 6 p.m.

The two motorcyclists were traveling westbound on Santiago Canyon Road and a Life Flight ambulance airlifted the riders to Western Medical Center-Santa Ana, said Orange Lt. Dave Hill.
Further details were not revealed, but Hill said more information would be released on Monday morning.
Police continue to investigate the crash and were awaiting notification from the hospital to learn the status of those involved in the crash.
http://www.ocregister.com/news/road-...t-police.html#

Old 04-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Probably heading home from Cooks Corner. Have a lot of friends in the area...hope the riders are going to be okay. If Life Flight was called in has to be pretty serious.

Follow up story:
ORANGE – An accident involving two motorcycles shut down Santiago Canyon Road between the 241 toll road and Jamboree Road in Orange for several hours Sunday evening, police said.

Orange police officers responded to the accident at about 5:45 p.m. on Sunday and shut down the road starting at 6 p.m.

The two motorcyclists had been traveling westbound on Santiago Canyon Road.
A Life Flight ambulance airlifted the riders to Western Medical Center-Santa Ana, said Orange Lt. Dave Hill.

As of Sunday night, one rider was listed in critical condition and the other was in serious condition, Orange police Sgt. Dan Adams said.

The road was re-opened shortly after midnight. Police continue to investigate the crash.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/r...ge-police.html

Last edited by Robotech; 04-16-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:49 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,512 Likes on 5,067 Posts

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/r...e-police.html#

another update...

read the comment by James John........he needs a visit.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:06 PM
JHL-ShinySideUp
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SeniorChief56
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/r...e-police.html#

another update...

read the comment by James John........he needs a visit.
I couldn't get ANY comments to show up...

I can JUST imagine the attitude, though.

Prayers for both riders, friends, and family.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:29 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A biker on a sport bike was killed by where I work last week. He ran into the back of a Jeep. No other info in available yet but I wonder if he just wasn't paying attention.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...ed-near-Howell

Old 04-16-2012, 04:15 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,512 Likes on 5,067 Posts

Originally Posted by JHL-ShinySideUp
I couldn't get ANY comments to show up...

I can JUST imagine the attitude, though.

Prayers for both riders, friends, and family.
commentsa are there,but here is his.....James Johns · Top Commenter · Katella High School, Anaheim, CA

"Blood on face? The Harley crown needs to ditch those little pudding-bowl helmets! I'd kinda not like losing teeth and grinding my chin off."

FYI......he had a full face helmet on

Old 04-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

It is silly to comment and distasteful while a guy is in a coma, bottom line is for all anyone knows a dog could have run out in the road and the rider swerved and hit his buddy, or a blow out or anything, hope the guys pulls through, I am assuming the other fellow was more or less ok?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:43 PM
BlazingC5
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Latest update. Both men appear to be still alive. Once of the commenters indicated that one of the guys is in a coma with part of his skull removed:
The two motorcyclists knew each other and had been riding Harley-Davidson motorcycles westbound on Santiago Canyon, Orange police Sgt. Dan Adams said.
It appears the two motorcycles touched causing the crash, Adams said, adding that there were no other vehicles involved.
Jeannie Caro and her husband were traveling on Santiago Canyon toward Irvine Lake when they saw the crash in front of them.
"We saw one motorcyclist and motorcycle cartwheel in the air three times," Caro said. "The other motorcyclist laid his bike down and ended up in the bushes about 30 feet ahead of the other man."
Caro said the rider lying in the middle of the road had blood covering his face and was trying to move. The other was motionless.
Another vehicle stopped to assist and called 911, said Caro, 51, of Orange.
One of the victims, a man in his late 30s, was airlifted to Western Medical Center-Santa Ana, where he remains in critical condition. The other victim, a man in his 40s, was transported by ambulance to the same trauma center. His injuries are not considered life-threatening, Adams said.
Both riders were wearing helmets, Adams said.
The road was re-opened shortly after midnight. Police continue to investigate the crash.
Traffic investigators are trying to determine if speeding and/or alcohol played a role in the crash.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:48 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,971 Likes on 17,893 Posts

Reads like something I have around here , the popular weekend poser bar here in town and Niles canyon being the bike road to take over the hill is a 1/4 mile away . Gets a few every year unfortunately , has killed 5 people I've known personally .

Old 04-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 932 Posts

Strength to the downed riders- comfort to their families and friends.

Accidents are just that-as observers we can only remember the lesson and try not to duplicate it.

Quick Reply: Yet Another Unforced Error, Serious Consequences