General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slipstreamer brand windshield

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Austin Dave
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slipstreamer brand windshield

I want a different shield than my H-D clear. Looking at the Slipstreamer brand shields. Made in USA is a plus, but I'm asking if anyone knows about/uses this brand and what their recommendation is? Thanks

Old 05-03-2012, 05:35 AM
SHILLYDOG
2nd Gear

Well I tried the SpitFire on my 2011 XL1200C and I have to say that I felt like I was in a boxing match from the buffeting. Also the noise was /is horrible. I tried to re-adjust but shield is just not right for bike. Was trying to reduce torso pressure but the trade off wasn't worth it. The wider front end on the 2011 has been tricky to find a good fit so... hope it helps

Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Austin Dave
Road Master

ok, thanks for your response.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 AM
TCooper4653
Road Captain

Dave, I have the Spitfire on my Fat Bob. I was looking for something compact that would take off some wind pressure on the chest. It has done that. I haven't been on any long trips, but so far I'm happy. We've been having crazy 30-40mph winds since the install and they're mostly from the side on my daily commute, so that makes it hard to give a 100% review. That being said, the little rascal was about $80 delivered. I've had bad steaks that were about that much. Here's a shot of what it looks like installed.

Install was about 10 mins, takes under a minute to remove it.

Last edited by TCooper4653; 05-03-2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: bad link
Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Austin Dave
Road Master

Thanks Tony. Looks good. I took a chance on a Windvest off ebay that is the correct model for my bike. Will receive it tomorrow. Once I get it on, we'll see what's what. I was looking at the Longshields brand, but could never get a good 'installed' photo from them. I like the Slipstreamer brand. Of course, no shield is a good way to go also.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:01 AM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the mini police for my Dyna. It goes on or off in 2 minutes. I had terrible buffeting at 60+ at first, but I then adjusted the shield m to be more vertical. I have had it to 85+ and the buffeting was minimal. I also did a test I saw on here to determine that the remaining buffeting is coming from under the forks. I may use some type of air foil under there next. Some have used the touring model one and modified it to fit. I was on the highway the other day without it and realized how much I missed it. Especially when sand is kicked up from a truck.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:13 AM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnC FXDX
I have the mini police for my Dyna. It goes on or off in 2 minutes. I had terrible buffeting at 60+ at first, but I then adjusted the shield m to be more vertical. I have had it to 85+ and the buffeting was minimal. I also did a test I saw on here to determine that the remaining buffeting is coming from under the forks. I may use some type of air foil under there next. Some have used the touring model one and modified it to fit. I was on the highway the other day without it and realized how much I missed it. Especially when sand is kicked up from a truck.
Could you post a pic. I have an 02 fxdx and I could not get this windshield to work on my bike. Could not get it to hold in place, always moved when I was going down the road.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 AM
TCooper4653
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Austin Dave
Thanks Tony. Looks good. I took a chance on a Windvest off ebay that is the correct model for my bike. Will receive it tomorrow. Once I get it on, we'll see what's what. I was looking at the Longshields brand, but could never get a good 'installed' photo from them. I like the Slipstreamer brand. Of course, no shield is a good way to go also.
Same here, looking at the Longshield. I'll be interested to see how you like the Windvest and how it looks.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:28 AM
jaysledge
Tourer

I put the hellfire on mine, I liked the 4 points of contact on the bike, it works just fine.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:41 AM
jc15025
Club Member

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I have a windvest for my deluxe, I'm happy with it.

Quick Reply: Slipstreamer brand windshield