General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Ruins Biking for you?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:45 PM
sandpacker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#1-Any type of gravel road.
#2 - Fresh road work,especialy the roads with the little fine groves in them. If your not carfull you will go down.
#3- People who tailgate you then pass and hit the brakes ever little bit.
#4- Riding in groups with leaders who are speed demons.

I think i will throw in something for new riders! If you are in a group thats moving way faster than your comfy with ! Just slow down drive your own pace. They will either wait on you or go on! Better late than kissing the pavment!

Old 04-16-2012, 02:14 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,871 Likes on 9,333 Posts

Ice
Snow drifts
mufflers on a dark, rain slick highway
deer

Old 04-16-2012, 05:04 PM
The Prophet
Cruiser
Unhappy

[quote=sandpacker;9674585...Riding in groups with leaders who are speed demons....[/quote]

I don't think those types are - by that obvious fact - to be defined, or looked to as "Leaders"... more like "Show-offs", or "Poor examples?".

Bob

Old 04-16-2012, 05:09 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

It is impossible to ruin a ride on a bike. The only thing I can think of would be a bumper, fender or side of a car.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Gunslingertom
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EasternSP
mufflers on a dark, rain slick highway
Really? Why?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Crashing

Old 04-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Bitches on cell phones. I was nearly killed twice in a five mile stretch this morning.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,349 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Guess I can honestly say that there is nothing that "ruins biking" for me. Sure there are some days that are better than others but somehow it always seems to balance itself out in favor of the good days and not the less desirable days.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Louderisbetter
Tourer

Originally Posted by Iron Butt Springer
In my area if cruiser is one to two car lengths for more than a mile he's running your plate and waiting for you to get nervous and hit the line or find any probable cause, Have any of you actually checked to really see if you have a brake light out? Not once have i been pulled over for that reason the light was actually burnt out... IMO that's entrapment, I don't care what the Websters has to say

Ive been stopped so many times to know there tactics and now how to avoid the LEO games...

A Tactic in my area that i cant avoid is staking out the left turn lane lights most motorcycles wont trigger then so you have to wait for a car to roll up or run the red after a few cycle... Late at night in the early am its not going to happen...

Guess what been stopped three times for that BS....

I think next time ill call 911 to get permission, if i see the cruiser parked in there lame hiding spots... I'm sure ill get fawked for that...

Hey I'm a total LEO hater, I've come across some cool ones out there and ironically there Bikers.... Yeah they hate the BS also....

A real sad situation the Chief of Police from Greenland NH was shot and killed last week... He was going to retire tomorrow.... VERY Sad for his Family... He was a Biker both on and off duty

I hear ya brother, sorry you keep getting jacked with. That shee-ot woiuld get old fast.
Im not a LEO hater, but if its a bogus stop and, for example, you KNOW your brake light is working then go to court and watch the video...call them out in court for the BS stop. Thats how these things get fixed, cops and the brass dont like being "called out" in an open court so there may be an email the next day telling them to knock it off.

yeah, thats chickenshit the preying on motorcyclists whose light wont turn.

dont blanket "hate all LEOs" because I wouldnt want LEOs blanketly hating ALL bikers/riders/motorcyclists/etc...worlds got enough problems

Last edited by Louderisbetter; 04-16-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:23 PM
fffffish
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
It is impossible to ruin a ride on a bike. The only thing I can think of would be a bumper, fender or side of a car.
+1 to that

Quick Reply: What Ruins Biking for you?