General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling off from work to go riding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Everybody needs the occasional mental health day!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Captain Smooth
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hollowpoint
Hey Captain,
I'm sitting at a desk in Elizabethtown. What's that--1-1/2 hours north of you on 9N?
Let's fake important business & go for a ride.
Nice riding up in Etown, we should do that this summer...lol

Old 04-12-2012, 12:41 PM
NativeTexican
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) Just ride the bike into work.
2) Take a looooong lunch break. (Some of those long lunch have me end up taking the rest of the afternoon off)
3) And then a little early and take the long way home.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Rotlex
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NativeTexican
1) Just ride the bike into work.
2) Take a looooong lunch break. (Some of those long lunch have me end up taking the rest of the afternoon off)
3) And then a little early and take the long way home.
LOL, this is me nearly every day. I find myself leaving for work a lot earlier when spring hits. The earlier I get in, the earlier I can get out. (Long lunch breaks too)!

As far as sick days? Yep, happens occasionally. Luckily, ours are considered "sick\personal" days and we can take them whenever we like. I'm thinking tomorrow is one of those days; supposed to be 70+ and sunny......

Old 04-12-2012, 01:16 PM
NativeTexican
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rotlex
LOL, this is me nearly every day. I find myself leaving for work a lot earlier when spring hits. The earlier I get in, the earlier I can get out. (Long lunch breaks too)!

As far as sick days? Yep, happens occasionally. Luckily, ours are considered "sick\personal" days and we can take them whenever we like. I'm thinking tomorrow is one of those days; supposed to be 70+ and sunny......
I don't think I am going to call in tomorrow. But Fridays are my half days so I think I will leave the office about 1100, swing my Twin Peaks or Hooters for lunch, and then put a few hundred miles on the bike. Since riding to work is a 150 mile round trip I should have no problem with 200 or 300 tomorrow afternoon.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Been done 3 days already this year.
Also, ride to work & take long lunches & frequently leave early when the weather is nice. It's hard to concentrate on work when there are more important things to focus on, like riding, lol.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Crash75
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fart at work ALOT and have an unscrupulous reputation for farting. I have everyone convinced that I have a digestive problem. I really don't have a problem but what they don't know won't hurt them. Sometimes I take a half hour to **** and come out holding my stomach or make comments about how the ******* is off limits for a while. I use this to my advantage so that everytime I call in, people know what the problem is...or they think they know! I see tomorrow that the weather is looking dam good but my stomach is begining to act up already!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM
cagedodger
Advanced

Same exact thing here. Its sunny all week and nice but then the weekend is crap and rain. I wouldnt skip work to ride though. My wallet isnt very big so I have to work. My days off have been shitty. Im in south va near carolina.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash75
I fart at work ALOT and have an unscrupulous reputation for farting. I have everyone convinced that I have a digestive problem. I really don't have a problem but what they don't know won't hurt them. Sometimes I take a half hour to **** and come out holding my stomach or make comments about how the ******* is off limits for a while. I use this to my advantage so that everytime I call in, people know what the problem is...or they think they know! I see tomorrow that the weather is looking dam good but my stomach is begining to act up already!!!
Exactly how it should be done! I can clear a room, and I will do it in times of need... I'm definitely shitting my pants on the way to work tomorrow.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:43 PM
doer
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,689 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Being self employed actually COSTS me money to split on a nice day, but I do it.

Quick Reply: Calling off from work to go riding?