General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding around Las Cruces NM

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006 | 01:15 AM
Hiram
|
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding around Las Cruces NM

Well the snow is up the the handlebars. I'm beginning to think that my hands have taken a permanent form around a snow shovel handle. The snow is piled as high as I can throw it. - and they're saying that we might get hit again next week. This snow is going to be around 'till May.

I'm starting to think about a serious road trip. Trailer up the bike and head south for a good riding weekend.

I would really like to go to Tucson AZ but it's a bit too far for a weekender. Can't go for longer with the stuff going on at work right now. So how is the riding around Las Cruces NM and or El Paso Tx

Old 12-30-2006 | 11:18 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Default RE: Riding around Las Cruces NM

Can't say for sure about Las Cruces, but there is about 12" of snow in Albuquerque, and to my knowledge it goes at least as far South as Socorro.

I drove home from Denver Thursday, and I would not have been wanting to tow a trailer, even to go get a ride in.

Regards,

Bill

Old 12-30-2006 | 11:21 AM
Hiram
|
Road Captain

I'm thinking to do this around the end of January, after business has recovered from the blizzards and Holidays. Not sure which is worse.

Old 12-30-2006 | 11:58 AM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master

It is snowing in Alamogordo (about a 1inch, but roads are clear)...and it looks heavier on the radar down around Cruces way! Supposed to be back up into the 60's though by next week. Weather can still be pretty squirrely like this around here at the end of January as well. You'd probably be fated to riding in the low-lands unlessyou can stand the bitter cold up in the mountains.The riding around Cruces and El Paso is congested. You'd be better off looking at Alamogordo as an anchor point. There is some decent low-land riding around here. If you decide to come this way...I can give you some ride routes.

Stay warm! I moved here from Pa. 6 1/2 years ago and I don't miss snow and blizzards.

Old 01-01-2007 | 12:14 AM
turbo54
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

don't go west of Alb