General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:35 AM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mmancuso
The moral of this story is that you should not apply logic and reason to behavior you disagree with if you're not willing to apply the same logic and reason to your own behavior.
Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
Once again Friend, the thread was started to ask opinions about PARKING. THAT'S the logic I'm applying to it. I'm not off on some witch hunt that has nothing to do with the thread, just because some guy called me out on my lack of parking etiquette.

Obviously, you're just arguing and trying to take attention away from the fact that you think you're special and a lot of people don't care for guys like you. I guess I can understand how that would make someone feel backed into a corner and the need to grasp at any shred of "redemption" possible, no matter how ridiculous it makes a person sound. I'm actually starting to feel a little sorry for you, at this point.

To stay on topic, I reiterate:
I don't park where I'm not supposed to because I believe that parking rules/laws are in place for a reason and that reason usually involves safety to the general public. It's also because I believe in basic consideration for others, over my own selfish convenience.
Other than AnotherBlackSG, how many of you understand what mmancuso is saying? AnotherBlackSG, PARKING is not your logic, it is your subject. mmancuso is stating that using your logic of "...because I believe that parking rules/laws are in place for a reason and that reason usually involves safety to the general public. It's also because I believe in basic consideration for others, over my own selfish convenience.".... Can be changed to, because I believe that speed rules/laws are in place for a reason and that reason usually involves safety to the general public. It's also because I believe in basic consideration for others, over my own selfish convenience.

See what I did there? I used your logic in both scenarios and change the subject(bolded parts) that the logic is applied too. If you can't understand that....it isn't clear enough for you now that I've spelled it out...no comprende anglais, then go ahead and make yourself look even more dense than you already have.

In other words, don't be self righteous about the way someone parks and ignore the logic you use to be self righteous, by speeding which ignores the logic you use about the way someone parks. Sorry if that makes your head spin. If you slow down and think about each part, you might get it.

Last edited by gotnspikes; 04-11-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:06 AM
CAJUNMUDDER
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you always push the basket to the designated spot or just leave it where it wont hit your car as you back out if so you a re just *** big of a dick as the guy parked in the handicap spot and then you force me to have to park on the sidewalk where i know your wind driven basket that you left where you were not spose to wont come whipping across and hit my ****, as it most likely wont because it cant climb the sidewalk

Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by gotnspikes
In other words, don't be self righteous about the way someone parks and ignore the logic you use to be self righteous, by speeding which ignores the logic you use about the way someone parks. Sorry if that makes your head spin. If you slow down and think about each part, you might get it.
Awe Christ, here we go...

Let's see, if I follow your logic then drunk driving wouldn't be a problem. They're both rules/laws and if no one gets hurt when you make it home successfully on a .09 bac, then it's OK? Am I'm self righteous because I also think that people who drink & ride/drive are selfish ******** who only think of themselves? Do you see how convoluted the whole logic argument can get when you try to apply it in the context in which it was used?

Look, we could argue this nit picking BS all day long, but that's NOT what this thread is about. Why don't we just agree that guys like you (and what's-his-name) disagree with guys like me and leave it at that.

Do you always push the basket to the designated spot or just leave it where it wont hit your car as you back out if so you a re just *** big of a dick as the guy parked in the handicap spot and then you force me to have to park on the sidewalk where i know your wind driven basket that you left where you were not spose to wont come whipping across and hit my ****, as it most likely wont because it cant climb the sidewalk
Pet peeve of mine! Hell, I even return other people's carts that are left "loose" because I don't want them rolling into mine or anyone else's vehicle.
BTW, a rogue cart would hardly force you to park on the sidewalk. Pretty weak argument.

Last edited by AnotherBlackSG; 04-11-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:11 AM
CAJUNMUDDER
Cruiser

Old 04-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NativeTexican
To me it is a waste for one bike to take up a parking place.
Just out of curiosity, why? Weren't you taught that as a legal motor vehicle you are entitled to the entire lane of the road? If you're entitled to the entire lane, why wouldn't you be entitled to the entire parking space. A parking space is intended for one vehicle. It's sized for most passenger vehicles to fit, but it's still only intended for one vehicle per space.

You don't see many Smart cars parking tail to nose in one spot, do you?

Now, I do share a spot with my wife and anyone else I might be riding with, but when I'm alone, the spot is mine.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:27 AM
mmancuso
Road Warrior
Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts

Let's see, if I follow your logic then drunk driving wouldn't be a problem. They're both rules/laws and if no one gets hurt when you make it home successfully on a .09 bac, then it's OK? Am I'm self righteous because I also think that people who drink & ride/drive are selfish ******** who only think of themselves? Do you see how convoluted the whole logic argument can get when you try to apply it in the context in which it was used?

Look, we could argue this nit picking BS all day long, but that's NOT what this thread is about. Why don't we just agree that guys like you (and what's-his-name) disagree with guys like me and leave it at that.
Actually, that is exactly what this thread has become: the reasoning behind parking in different places, and the reasoning that you have used to call other douchebags.

It's quite evident that you understand exactly what myself and others have been replying to you, you just won't acknowledge it because that would be either shooting down your own reasons for insults, or to admit that you too are a douchebag.

I don't disagree with you at all: I will admit that I'm a douche who thinks he's special for parking the way I do if you'll admit that you're a douche who thinks he's special for exceeding the speed limit.

BTW: The topic was parking until you came in and called everyone who parks illegally douches who think they're special. You changed the topic *******.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:27 AM
CAJUNMUDDER
Cruiser

Pet peeve of mine! Hell, I even return other people's carts that are left "loose" because I don't want them rolling into mine or anyone else's vehicle.
BTW, a rogue cart would hardly force you to park on the sidewalk. Pretty weak argument.
as i said before i park where there is shade and i always try to be considerate of others i was just throwing out a different arguement i mean to me it is just as bad to leave your cart out in the middle of the parking lot where people have to dodge it as it is to park on the side walk where people have to dodge your bike no matter what the reasoning is they both are not the RIGHT thing to do, thats really all i was trying to get at

Old 04-11-2012, 11:36 AM
duty2
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

At Wal-Mart I park in the cross area. It's at the end of the building and it's extra wide. I'm no ones way there.
In a regular parking space, I park so that cars know that there is a bike parked in it. and at a little of a angle. That way no other bike can block me in.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by mmancuso
I don't disagree with you at all: I will admit that I'm a douche who thinks he's special for parking the way I do if you'll admit that you're a douche who thinks he's special for exceeding the speed limit.

BTW: The topic was parking until you came in and called everyone who parks illegally douches who think they're special. You changed the topic *******.
WTF is your problem, Man? You can't even agree to disagree. Before it was sad - now it's just laughable and the worst part is that you don't even understand why.

We disagree and that's OK. At this point, anything after that and we're just beating a dead horse here... don't you think?

as i said before i park where there is shade and i always try to be considerate of others i was just throwing out a different arguement i mean to me it is just as bad to leave your cart out in the middle of the parking lot where people have to dodge it as it is to park on the side walk where people have to dodge your bike no matter what the reasoning is they both are not the RIGHT thing to do, thats really all i was trying to get a
I absolutely agree neither is the right thing to do.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 AM
95th 1200
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

I usually park in a normal spot. With my craptacular luck I'd come out to a ticket, trash on the seat or kids climbing on my scoot.

Quick Reply: Parking