General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 03:48 PM
TimmH
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a whole space when solo, and park in the center. And I STILL get some ahole in a SUV that pulls in the next space all cockeyed and half in my space.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:17 PM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG

We disagree and all feel very strongly about our reasons. You're not going to back down and neither am I so, once again, let's just agree to disagree, OK?
Agreed.

Last edited by gotnspikes; 04-11-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Throwback
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you kidding me? Eleven f**king pages on how to park a bike?

Really, if you can't figure out how to park the SOB, take your truck.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,856 Likes on 19,336 Posts

Originally Posted by mmancuso
I agree with you. When myself or friends park on the sidewalk, we are never in the way or even a hinderance to anyone. If fact I get to the point where I usually park by riding up the handicap sidewalk that is flush with the asphalt, but I pull up tight against the building leaving plenty of room for everyone, including a wheelchair.

As mentioned, the owner knows exactly where and how we park, and he has no problem with it.

Laughing....we're not dummies! We don't want people tripping over or bumping into our bikes!
I seem to remember that they taught us in drivers training that the road was for vehicles and the sidewalk was for, well they said it was for pedestrians ... of course that was back in 1964 so maybe things have changed since then. It's not that you feel that you are not a hindrance ... that's not the issue ... and to be sure that a physically challenged person may have to maneuver around your motor vehicles while you are illegally parked must have not even been considered by you and your friends ... pretty selfish and self centered in my opinion .... I don't do it and I've been riding for some 45 years now.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:15 AM
mmancuso
Road Warrior
Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
I seem to remember that they taught us in drivers training that the road was for vehicles and the sidewalk was for, well they said it was for pedestrians ... of course that was back in 1964 so maybe things have changed since then. It's not that you feel that you are not a hindrance ... that's not the issue ... and to be sure that a physically challenged person may have to maneuver around your motor vehicles while you are illegally parked must have not even been considered by you and your friends ... pretty selfish and self centered in my opinion .... I don't do it and I've been riding for some 45 years now.
I said we park on the sidewalk. You're assuming a lot.

I explicitly said that we are not in anyone's way. Who said that a physically challenged person was not considered? We are certain that a physically challenged person, nor any other person, does not have to maneuver around our bikes.

We are not cretins. We park on the sidewalk next to the building where no one walks, rolls, or crawls, for any reason.

You shouldn't assume so much.

PS: My best friend and riding buddy, a retired cop who has been riding for 42 years, parks where i do.

Last edited by mmancuso; 04-12-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:20 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Throwback, they're not talking about "How" to part, they're talking about "Where" to park and yes, I'm surprised it's gone on this long. You'd think we were talking about oil. LOL

I don't know why anyone cares - except those that are inconvienced in some way, and from what I'm reading on this thread, nobody is being inconvienced.
Seems like they don't like someone doing something they don't do. Maybe we all should be mad at everyone since I bet each of us does something that someone else doesn't like or do.

When I see a bike parked in an end zone, I think nothing of it. What harm are they doing? I use to, but not anymore since I have a Tri Glide now, but if an opportunity presented itself and NO ONE was affected, I'd still do it.

I don't think anyone considers themselves better then anyone else - I think they"re
just looking for a convienient/closer place to park - nothing more nothing less.

JMO

Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 AM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior

The main part of this discussion is how passionate people feel about this subject. Those of us (yes, me included) who park on the sidewalk/striped endcaps, do so with a different thought process then those who don't and are objectionable to it being done. The word getting thrown around by those who are objectionable to it is "illegal" parking. Show me where is it illegal. I've already asked for that in a previous post and have not had one person show me where it is illegal parking.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,856 Likes on 19,336 Posts

Originally Posted by mmancuso
I said we park on the sidewalk. You're assuming a lot.

I explicitly said that we are not in anyone's way. Who said that a physically challenged person was not considered? We are certain that a physically challenged person, nor any other person, does not have to maneuver around our bikes.

We are not cretins. We park on the sidewalk next to the building where no one walks, rolls, or crawls, for any reason.

You shouldn't assume so much.

PS: My best friend and riding buddy, a retired cop who has been riding for 42 years, parks where i do.
I didn't assume anything ... and as far as you and your "retired cop" friend are concerned I say again that you are both wrong for parking where you do .... you just can't face the fact that you are in violation and you somehow "explain" your way out of being wrong. It really is a simple as that, isn't it! Sooner or later it all come down to one of two things ... Who has, or who is, the biggest dick. I'm sure that you'll put me in later of the two choices that I've presented .... that's your choice. Ride safe, and uh ... be careful where you park.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 AM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior

That's cool.....bury your head in the sand......illegal parking, illegal parking....can't find it written anywhere and don't have any proof of it actually being illegal, but it must be because I think and say so!!!

Whatever!

Last edited by gotnspikes; 04-12-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

People just talkin', that's all. No one really cares where anyone else parks, and it's fun to watch people argue to the point of fisticuffs over it.

heh, fisticuffs.

Quick Reply: Parking