General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good riding glasses????

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 11:27 AM
hdsportstersally
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just so all you know, I ended up getting the Wiley X Curves and they work AWESOME!!!! I have a smaller frame head so it's perfect. No more watery eyes!

Old 05-01-2012, 01:30 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got a $12 pair of shade 3 welding goggles and they work fine.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:43 PM
TCooper4653
Road Captain

I bought a set of Freedom 24 Transitions for under $50. They have the rubber/foam pad and can be converted to goggles. Not as attractive as Oakley's but I like the transition option.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 PM
alifuru
Stage I

wiley x that I use very positif!

Old 05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
bg1
Cruiser

Oakley Fastjackets. Pricey but quick change lenses and contrast lenses are great.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:52 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

7eyes Churda (have removeable foam insert) work well especially when used with a Croakie to hold them snug.

For $5.00 KD's are good as well.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by norton
I have always had that problem with most sunglasses and over the years have tried so many I lost count. About the only kind that worked for me were Rayban Wayfarers. They block most if not all the air so my eyes don't water any more.
Been wearing Wayfarers and KD's for years. No padding in them but they do keep the wind out.

Originally Posted by 02Deuces
I dont see how those block any wind lol
It's all in the design. Jezzz you think riders had padded glasses years ago? I sure don't remember any. Ban's or KD's and some good goggles for the cold weather.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:23 PM
GuyManDood
Advanced

I have a couple pair of goggles with foam surrounds that I keep in my bag. One is tinted, the other clear. Otherwise, I rely on my Shoei full face, or more often, my Oakley Oil Rigs or Big Dogs. I think the trick with sunglasses is getting wrap arounds with large lenses. I really like goggles too - but they're sort of a pain.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Irishknight
Advanced

i use the bobster raptor II,they have a seal and interchangable lenses,keep the winds out for highway speed,no teary eyes and under 60 bucks i love them!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:45 PM
BikerOptix
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hdsportstersally
I'm looking for a good/decent pair of sunglasses or eye goggles for when I ride my sportster. Right now I have 2 pairs (both Harley brands) of sunglasses for riding. They are the "rubber" around the eye frames and not the "foam". Maybe that's the problem? lol One pair is just sun glasses and the other is the translucent kind and both of them let air in my eyes to the point of them watering so much I can't see very well. I don't wear prescription glasses or anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
There's a ton of choices you have. Bobster is one of the best lines for functionality. They offer convertibles that allow you to change your eyewear from street to riding to goggles. This may help with your problems with eyes watering. Most of Bobster frames have removeable foam and usually come with two styles of foam..Some of them come with three lenses. Clear, amber or yellow and grey. They are mid range on pricing but well worth it. They also carry the best warranty in the industry.

You can find them here http://www.bikeroptix.com/5_bobster

Blackjack and Roadmaster are a few of our best sellers.

Hope this helps...

Quick Reply: Good riding glasses????