General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Tail / Brake light make things worse or better

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Sportrider79
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be ordering mine soon from Kuryakyn with the flasher module. The only negative I would of though is like going down the road flashing your brights at someone. maybe for some stupid kid in his ricer having a flashing LED in your face might urge you to get a little pissy and do a few "run ups" on the bike in front of you, in this case the car behind me. Its bad enough out there, no need to give anyone else a reason to try and run you over. Stay safe and enjoy the ride

Old 04-15-2012, 08:30 PM
littledawg
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bright *** tail light definitely keeps people away from the back of the bike.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 137 Posts

I have the HD LED taillight on mine. I like it as it's much brighter and it's a direct replacement of the stock light, with no additional emblems. I added the HD module to convert the rear running lights into run/turn/brake units. I manually flash the rear brake whenever I'm slowing or stopping (or 'warning' someone to back off).

I've recently added LED's on under the rear strut supports that reflect off of the chrome wheel, brake and belt guards.
Also had exchanged the license plate bolts for small chrome bolts with red LED's bulbs in them. If someone misses the rear of my bike now they must have their eyes closed.

The interesting thing is that I have a 'Back Off' module that flashes the brake lights 3 times, holds for a couple of seconds, and repeats. I installed that on the 3rd brake light of my car. I do see a big difference in the space people behind me leave.

Last edited by Deucedog; 04-15-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Sportrider79
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by duecedog
I have the HD LED taillight on mine. I like it as it's much brighter and it's a direct replacement of the stock light, with no additional emblems. I added the HD module to convert the rear running lights into run/turn/brake units. I manually flash the rear brake whenever I'm slowing or stopping (or 'warning' someone to back off).

I've recently added LED's on under the rear strut supports that reflect off of the chrome wheel, brake and belt guards.
Also had exchanged the license plate bolts for small chrome bolts with red LED's bulbs in them. If someone misses the rear of my bike now they must have their eyes closed.

The interesting thing is that I have a 'Back Off' module that flashes the brake lights 3 times, holds for a couple of seconds, and repeats. I installed that on the 3rd brake light of my car. I do see a big difference in the space people behind me leave.

Nice Well I better start investing in more lighting since the next step in my transformation of my bike is to "black it out"