General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Large pack of bikers pulled over for no apparent reason...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Louderisbetter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sagebrush1976
http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...Route-222.html

Well it looks like the "real" story is finally coming out.....they were speeding! Oh no!!! I guess they REALLY needed 20+ officers armed with assault weapons to catch some speeding "motorcyclists". Makes me sooooo proud to live in Lan-caster county.

Uhhhh....yeah. When a speeder doesnt stop for 10 miles or however far they wanted to keep going , are the cops just supposed to turn around and go the other way?
Why deal with the hassle? Why bring more heat on your group and time on the shoulder? Because NOW everything is gone over with a fine tooth comb because a reasonable person would assume that if you dont stop when a cop is trying to pull you over that your wanted or have done something wrong.

Pull over take your ticket or warning and get back on the road.

As far as "thats how we deal with bullshit stops and prove our points..(by keep on riding until 3 jurisdictions are blocking roads)....deal with it in court....you wont win anything on the side of the road...prove your point in court. If the stop is bullshit and rights were violated, call a lawyer and sue, sue sue!
If your gonna be a dik as a group because a couple of dipshits at the back of the line were riding poorly and actually dumb enough to do it in front of the local po-po, then you get what you get.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Louderisbetter
Tourer

IF that video of the cop is REAL then I hope he has lost his job. **** poor

ETA: video is FAKE! Its a cop and his buddy having fun

Last edited by Louderisbetter; 04-09-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Homeland Security check for PFD's, flares, fire extinguishers, navigational lights and proper fishing licenses.
oops forgot the hand held horn

Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Satch57
6th Gear

Originally Posted by stro1965
I guess I'm the kind of guy that assumes that there WAS a legit reason for the stop, especially given the apparent scale of the operation. I don't just assume the police are doing something wrong.

If it's true that there were no tickets issued, then what was the reason for stopping 37 motorcyclists. If there was a public safety issue, why didn't the police chief address it in the press when asked? Doesn't the public have a right to know? It was a planned event, coordinated effort of two police departments, spending taxpayer $. For what? For whatever they want? Sounds like the south during the 50's and 60's.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:13 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Finally, a follow up.

It seems they had a reason after all...

http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...f-the-law.html

Old 04-09-2012, 09:19 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,052 Likes on 17,933 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore
It seems they had a reason after all...

http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...f-the-law.html
Yes they did it's called a roust ............

Come both sides of the fence know exactly what and why here no big mystery , all part of the game .

Old 04-09-2012, 09:23 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same old ****. I knew it. Nothing ever changes.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtMic
Members of the WA COC spent a tremendous amount of time and effort making this happen.
Yep. I guess I should have said "any more" supposedly. Many states have to run their bikes through inspections yearly while we don't. Under Washington state law they are "random" safety checks but I seldom see any stops personally & have yet (fingers crossed) been hassled.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:19 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Louderisbetter
Uhhhh....yeah. When a speeder doesnt stop for 10 miles or however far they wanted to keep going , are the cops just supposed to turn around and go the other way?
no, they are supposed to break out the riot gear and assault rifles, right? i would have ordered the cops to follow them to their destination. one in front to pace them and one in back to pick up stragglers. not break out the assault rifles and possibly cause a panic to the general public. i wonder who's land they were on when they were standing there with those weapons?

also member soft02 has pictures of cops standing in his yard with M-16's and he was told to go back inside. i'd be like..."uh, scuse me but THIS IS MY ****ING PROPERTY *******!"

Old 04-09-2012, 10:39 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Nabubba
Well when it comes to police business that falls under the Public Information Act. Just sayin.

That's absolutely right. And you can go down to city hall or the PD and request any information about the stop, pay your little fee, and get what they have. Still isn't a "right". Otherwise they wouldn't be able to charge for it.

Quick Reply: Large pack of bikers pulled over for no apparent reason...